Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Division, and SUBTRACTION!

duckybumpkins says:
I'm currently in the process of moving, and I love lists, so as soon as I found this site, I got cracking. The move is for 3 months from now, so I can only start with the less important objects, such as winter clothes, too-small clothes for my two baby boys, books which my husband and I will not read until after the move, etc. So I made a moving list, which includes all the calls I have to make, who I have to change addresses with, what belongs in our storage, what should be packed, etc. In conjunction with my moving list, is my next day to-do list. Every day, or every couple of days, depending on how it works out, I transfer 2-3 of the moving list items to my next day list. That way, I don't constantly have to scroll down my huge moving day list (which of course has a great many things to do last minute), so I can manage my time better, and not get overwhelmed, especially when I have a chores list and others, that have everyday tasks to do. And so I divide, and slowly work my way to eliminating the tasks ahead.
Posted at 2:18am on March 30, 2010
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi duckybumpkins,

This is a great tip! I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 14 years ago
charlie.harper says:
I like it! I am moving soon too. I started packing last night. Since my move is still over a month away I had a hard time packing things I think I might still want access too vs. things I for sure do or do not want to have access to just in case. My moving lists will be in action soon thanks!
Posted 14 years ago