Bienvenue !  Français Language Switcher

Recurring tasks

philipjchrist Pro says:

Seems really messed up on weekly recurring tasks. When the start date arrives, I get many instances of the same task, with the current start date plus many of the previous start dates, even though I previously "completed" those. I'm having to turn the MilkSync application off. Seems like it should know how to handle recurring tasks without putting garbage on the task list.

Posted at 3:56pm on March 10, 2012

andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:

Hi philipjchrist,
MilkSync should handle these recurrences fine; would it be possible to contact us to discuss some possible solutions for you? Thanks!

Posted 2 years ago

philipjchrist Pro says:

Sure. Again, I have found that every week I get multiple duplications of my recurring tasks. I ended up disconnecting from MilkSync. What is the best way to give you more detail. My email is phil_christ@yahoo.com.

Phil Christ

Posted 2 years ago

brendan Pro says:

Hi Phil,
Can you use the contact form on this page to send us an email?

We'll be in touch via email as soon as we receive your message.

Thanks!

Posted 2 years ago

ripdog99 Pro says:

Yeah, I really agree- I refrain from doing recurring tasks in RTM because after you get a few in there, half my "Next Actions" list is for things that have no immediate action.

I think for recurring tasks I'd prefer if they popped up the day of or the day before they were due.

I realize this is a tough problem as you want to give some notice to upcoming tasks, but I think there's got to be a more elegant way as it's currently unuseable once you've got a few recurring tasks in RTM

Posted 2 years ago

andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:

ripdog99,
Perhaps something like sleeper tags would help you.

I'm not sure, but I think philipjchrist's issue was that repeating tasks were getting duplicated. Either way, let us know if you have any further issues.

Posted 2 years ago

This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.