Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

MilkSync for Outlook 2010 - Sync Operations Taking Forever

jjthomas Pro says:

I have recently started using MilkSync, and after the initial install, I have had issues with it not "seeing" all tasks. I dabbled with my settings, hoping to have Outlook at the office become my master.

On a lark, I opted to obliterate everything in RTM, then do a sync from Outlook to RTM. Since then, the sync operation seems to be taking forever, and nothing seems to have synced over.

Furthermore, getting the sync to stop has been somewhat problematic.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jason

Posted at 3:29pm on December 6, 2010

jjthomas Pro says:

The problem appears to be trying to do a 2-way sync from my work PC to my RTM account. Specifically, I encounter this error in the log and receive a dialog box stating that the MilkSync encountered an error.

I am going to post this error to a problem report and see what happens.

Posted 4 years ago

edward.un says:

Im gettin this same error. Coincidentally I did the same as you: "On a lark, I opted to obliterate everything in RTM, then do a sync from Outlook to RTM." I even created a new account and still no go.

Posted 4 years ago

jjthomas Pro says:

@edward.un:

I have gone a few steps further, and, in my efforts, I have gotten past the error. The issue I now have, though, is that nothing is syncing over from Outlook.

1. Remove all tasks and lists (except Inbox and Sent) from RTM. This is *everything* in my acconut.
2. Perform a Restore sync, removing all tasks in Outlook and making it match RTM.
3. Tasks have been removed in both destinations.
4. Perform a new 2-way sync.
5. The new sync brings nothing over, as expected. The only thing synced are *all* of my categories, which become lists in RTM.
6. I have created two new tasks in Outlook, one in a Personal category and the other in a Work category. There is nothing special about any of these, and one has a note.
7. I perform a new 2-way sync, and I see that neither of these items are synced.

So, even after going clean slate, I cannot seem to get Outlook to sync new tasks to RTM. Tasks coming from RTM to Outlook seem to work as expected, and I can see updates to those tasks just as expected.

I really want this to work, but I am now at an impasse. As a Pro subscriber, I would love someone to let me know what I can do to make this work or help to make it work. I want Outlook to be my master, as it were, for tasks.

Posted 4 years ago

hrlakat says:

@jjthomas -

I'm testing RTM now, and I'm having the same problems you describe above (Outlook 2010/Win 7). If you hear back from support, can you post the solution? Thanks!

Posted 4 years ago

cenozoic says:

No luck from my side either although I too am able to sync from RTM to Outlook I'm unable to sync back from Outlook to RTM. I need Outlook to be my master unfortunately. I too want this to work. I figured I'd give MultiSync a fair trial before deciding whether ot purchase Pro. I'm not very encouraged at this point. If it helps, I'm unable to sync from Outlook on multiple machines and Outlook is connected to my work's Exchange Server. The symptom is that the Sync always hangs at 25%.

Posted 4 years ago

hrlakat says:

@ jj & cenozoic -

I wonder if the RTM made some modifications. I did few tests (OneNote - > Outlook -> RTM -> back again), and the sync appears to be working now - tasks, categories, notes. Will post again in a few days with an update.

Many thanks!

Posted 4 years ago

hrlakat says:

UPDATE: It looks like my sync is getting hung up at 25% too this afternoon. I tried rebooting but that didn't help - sync still stopped at 25%.

Not sure what's changed between now and then. I'm not certain what else I can to troubleshoot.

Posted 4 years ago

benjamin.png says:

I am having the same problem as well. I thought it was a problem with my account, so I deleted my pro account and signed up for a new one, just to test it out.

Unfortunately, still no go. My Outlook tasks are not syncing over to RTM at all! This is horrible!

Posted 3 years ago

andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:

Would it be possible to submit a MilkSync for Microsoft Outlook issue report via our support system, if you haven't done so already?

Just select your issue from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, click on "I'd like to report a new issue".

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!

Posted 3 years ago

benjamin.png says:

Seems like other users in http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/milksync/11741/ are facing the same problems.

Andrew, might be helpful to just merge the threads. It seems like the new version of RTM might be the issue. Google Gears/Chrome/Rockmelt is not installed in my computer and reinstalling does not work as well.

Please help as soon as possible please!

Posted 3 years ago

eunpingco says:

I might have a workaround for this. It's worth a shot for those still troubleshooting this. I turned off cached exchange mode through Account settings in Outlook. Once resyncing with exchange was completed, I reinstalled MilkSync and resynced. Everything is working for me now.

Hopefully the RTM devs can forgive me for creating multiple accounts over the last month to get past the 14-day trial limit to troubleshoot this :) If all works out in the next week or so, I'll definitely upgrade to pro.

Edward.Un aka Cenozoic aka Eunpingco

Posted 3 years ago

This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.