I'm a RTM newbie -- just signed up a few minutes ago.
I'm posting on the forums, as I am looking for a task / organizational solution that supports my usecase:
- I'm an employee at a large company stuck on Outlook 2003.
- I am an IPhone 4S + Siri user. To sync between my phone and work Outlook calendar, I use gmail + Outlook Gmail sync(free version)
- I should add that I'm also a newbie IPhone user, and truthfully converted primarily for Siri(previous BBerry user).
I want to do the following:
- I want to continue to use Outlook when I am at a PC to handle my organization. I'm comfortable with outlook and like the UI for managing my calendar and tasks
- I want my Outlook calendar & tasks to be sync'd with my IPhone 4S
- I want to create Reminders and Calendar events with Siri, and obviously sync with my work Outlook. This is how I have just discovered RTM.
I have browsed RTM forums and FAQs and I think RTM can do what I want, but I still am not 100% sure. I would appreciate if someone could help / advise....
1. Can someone tell me if RTM is the solution I'm looking for?
2. If the answer to #1 was yes, I'd appreciate if someone can provide / advise an idiot proof guide on how to best set this up
3. Can someone confirm that Siri created reminders will not be visible in the native, IOS 5 Reminders app? But they will be available in the RTM app available @ apple appstore?
Sorry if I'm a little paranoid, but I want to know everything will work before I start mutating my calendars, contacts, task lists etc that I have spent years organizing and that I critically rely on. Obviously the last thing I want to do is spend hours / days trying to restore...
Btw - I'm more than happy to upgrade to Pro if RTM can do what I need!
Sorry if I have posted to the wrong forum; wasn't sure if it was more appropriate under IPhone or under MilkSync
Thanks very much
Posted at 9:43pm on December 3, 2011