Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Hi there! Do you like shiny new things? You should join our Pro Tester Program. ;) If you're already a member and haven't received an invite from us to test something recently, let us know!

Ability to 'Select All', for example to postpone all tasks

alicea says:

Am I missing something or is there not a way to select all tasks on the Moto Droid?

Posted at 3:56am on March 8, 2010

Dislike
dfjacobs Pro says:

Menu key -> Views -> Lists -> All Tasks is one way to see them all.

Posted 4 years ago

alicea says:

Thanks, but how do I select them all so that for example I can postpone them all without selecting one by one first?

Posted 4 years ago

andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:

alicea,
There's no way to select all tasks (e.g. to edit/postpone them) in the RTM app; you'll want to edit tasks individually. The fastest way to do so, in the cases of completing/postponing/deleting, is to long-tap on a task, at which point you'll see the popup menu offer those choices.

Hope this helps!

Posted 4 years ago

alicea says:

Actually for complete or postpone, I've been selecting multiple checkboxes one at a time until I've selected them all and then using the complete or postpone option which takes care of them all. I was just looking for a "select all" option so my time to postpone could go from 30 seconds to 2 seconds. So spoiled :-)

Posted 4 years ago

dsmall24us says:

The android app is missing a way to postpone tasks. The choice is only completed. It would be very helpful to not have to go to the web app to postpone tasks.

Posted 3 years ago

nskoric Pro says:

This feature would be fabulous. Just came here to propose this. I sometimes have 20 tasks left in "due:today" smart list (which is my main list) and I'd like to postpone them all before I go to sleep (like, for instance, now :-D). RTM app for android is sooo good that it spoiled me to the level that I find clicking 20 tasks to select them all tiresome :-D Because everything else in the app is just as I would want it to be!

So, don't get me wrong: your app is amazing. But, if you could add "select all" to, for instance, right button menu, the app would be beyond amazing. :-D

Posted 2 years ago

mrc87 says:

that's right, I suppose there are more people missing this feature - including my ofcourse :)

Posted 2 years ago

sirsiggi says:

I also miss this feature in the Android app. Just had to postone about 20 tasks which lead to me postponing the postponement until I got to my laptop. It would be nice to do this easily (also deleting, etc.) right from the app without having to select 20 tasks by hand before.

Posted 2 years ago

dandrake Pro says:

The select all in the edit mode of a list is still a priority for RTM on iPhone. Any possibility for next version of app?

Posted 1 year ago

shardvicens Pro says:

Lol @sirsiggi! I end up adding a yet another high priority task to do the bulk editing lol!

I

Posted 9 months ago

shardvicens Pro says:

Oops, to continue, I second that on the android app, I can do almost every advanced function that I can, including editing Smart lists, advanced searches, etc but not being able to select all is a huge chunk of productivity that I am missing.

An example: the android app doesn't show an icon if I have a url, and some of my description are barren. To avoid deleting them I want to do a search for http or www, and add a note to all of them, but can't select all to do it.

Posted 9 months ago