Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Dragon Dictation integration (iPhone)

(closed account) says:
I'm loving the new Dragon Dictation app for the iPhone. It would be super cool to he able to dictate a note/task in this app and immediately fire it off to my RTM inbox.

It kinda works by using the option to send a recording as an email to my RTM inbox, but it goes to the email body, not the subject, and therefore becomes a note in a task with no title.

Bob and team, you should contact these guys and see if you can plugin to their app. Would be great to have an option in the Dragon app to enable RTM integration, sign into my RTM account, then have an option to "send to RTM" as well as the existing options to SMS, email & copy to clipboard.

I won't hold my breath, but we can dream :)
Posted at 9:06pm on December 9, 2009
(closed account) says:
Or even better, how about a new "create task by voice" button in the RTM app, and you do all the clever transmogrification yourselves! :)
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
You could use email to create the task by using your Import address.
Posted 14 years ago
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
FYI - There is a free service called Dial2Do where you can call the number and add tasks to RTM (or send email and more). http://www.dial2do.com/
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
@andrewski, yeah that's what i said kinda works in my original post...

@leah.shalom, yeah I know about dial2do, I've used that in the past. But forgot about it to be honest :) I just like new stuff! RTM doing it's own voice recognition would be super-cool.
Posted 14 years ago
odelaney, if you use the Import address, RTM will read the message body for the task details (the subject would be the list in which tasks should appear, which you can set via Smart Add in the body anyhow). So it should work as you'd expect without any manipulation of the message.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Ah, now i get you. Sorry. Yes, that works a treat, thanks! Bang! Straight into my inbox
Posted 14 years ago
rcamner says:
I just tried this....the recognition is truly unbelievable! I think it would be great to integrate with RTM, but I'm not so sure RTM can do this within their app. One idea, but it would have to be done on the Dragon end, would be to be able to set a default email address to which to send the dictated text. Then one could set the RTM import address as this default.

For a 1.0 version, Dragon is truly wonderful. I suspect that as it matures, it will become even better. I do wonder what their business model is, though. They spent time on developing the app which they're giving away. Where are the $$ going to come from?
Posted 14 years ago
rcamner says:
Why use the " import email address" rather than the "inbox email address"? Isn't the former used when one wants to send a bunch of tasks to the list specified in the subject?

What am I missing here? Or is the idea that by using the "import email address" I can specify the list to which I want the task to be sent and I can just have a single line in the body?

Posted 14 years ago
rcamner,
Technically, you're right, however the distinction here is that (using Smart Add syntax) the Inbox address specifies the task properties in the subject, whereas the Import address specifies them in the body of the message.

Using the body of the message is what frees you to be able to specify multiple tasks.
Posted 14 years ago