Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Select start screen

(closed account) says:
Hello,

I am not using the date feature in my tasks. But the application always starts at the "today screen". I this case I always see "No tasks" and I first have to move to the "lists screen". This is a bit annoying - it would be better if the user could select the start screen.

I really hope you consider to add this feature in future version of your application.

Best regards
Mark
Posted at 11:13am on September 21, 2009
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
It's now possible to select a Start Screen (in Settings > General) with the latest app update -- see the blog post for more info.

Thanks for everyone's feedback on this! :)
Posted 14 years ago
doughywilson says:
Yes, this is a huge annoyance. The settings for "default list" don't seem to do a thing.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
doughywilson, "Default List" sets the default list used for new tasks.
Posted 14 years ago
doughywilson says:
Oh, I see. There still needs to be some options to change the first screen list.
Posted 14 years ago
andy.mason says:
I second this idea. It would be great to be able to set which is the start screen.
Posted 14 years ago
jgianoli says:
+1 to that idea! I want to open to my inbox each time, short of that, maybe a screen that allows me to get to the list i want with one tap, maybe the start screen could show hyperlinks like:

Overdue
Today
Inbox
List1
List2
SmartList1
SmartList2
Posted 14 years ago
peter.pasedach says:
If one doesn't assign dates to one's tasks the problem of "Today" being the default view without any way to change it seems to render also the widget useless, displaying always "No tasks". I would also appreciate a solution to this. Also nice would be a way of giving the RTM icon some arguments, like starting RTM showing a particular list or the list screen, so that one could have separate desktop icons for them.
Posted 14 years ago
oxman says:
I need this feature too. Its very important, I using rtm as a GTD tool.
Posted 14 years ago
belminf says:
I really want this feature to be implemented. It's cumbersome to have to switch views to view all my tasks.
Posted 14 years ago
archon810 says:
+1 for the feature. I'd like to set mine to one of my lists instead of Today.
Posted 14 years ago
gsdeniro says:
Please count me in as well, as wanting to have a default setting for "List" views. "All Tasks" as my opening screen when the app is launched.
Posted 14 years ago
aleyzerovich says:
+1, let me also configure the list I want for the Android desktop widget; the current default is useless
Posted 14 years ago
chad says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
trav says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1, and being able to setup which tasks are seen on the homescreen widget would be quite nice, too.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.