Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Thinking about going Pro? Votes are doubled for Pro users; each vote adds +2 or -2.

Have a new idea?

Submit a suggestion

Customize order of list and Smart List tabs

danielcabreratoyos Pro says:

It would be great if the list tabs can be reorder and not only in alphabetical order.

Posted at 12:56am on September 10, 2009

Dislike
michael.vastola Pro says:

Agree.

Posted 4 years ago

tatiana.colli says:

+1 Vote
I have a "Today' "Next week" and "This week" smart list and they get lost in the sea of smart lists. I could archive the other lists to hide them but I work with them on a daily basis. It would be awesome if tasks can be reordered as well. I'm using Todoist more often now for those two reasons alone.

Posted 4 years ago

simzdk Pro says:

+1 Vote.
Could be helpful with some kind of rearranging feature. Smartlist grow as wildfire.

Posted 4 years ago

martin.marshall says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

tomrenfrodbg says:

I would like to see this feature as well. I can do it now by prefixing my smart list names with specific patterns like "~01~" to sort correctly, but I'd rather it be configurable.

Posted 3 years ago

jamesashcroft says:

this is a no-brainer

Posted 3 years ago

alsage13 says:

Yes please!!!!

Posted 3 years ago

lisa.brookins says:

Just requested this feature today..it has been on the books for 2 years now.....what is the criteria for getting a revision included in the next release

Posted 2 years ago

vamshikk Pro says:

You can do this through the bit better rtm script or addon.

Posted 2 years ago

jontes says:

Totally agree. Wonder why devs haven't done it so far.
It's nothing complicated, you just need to add arrows to list settings, make them work and change SQL query displaying the tabs.

Posted 2 years ago

esmejoy says:

Another vote!

Posted 2 years ago

adam.glenos says:

+1
Would finally be able to stop prepending my list names with characters such as ~@#$% !!

Posted 2 years ago

heisenman says:

LOL Adam. Agreed! +1
Thinking about how to implement this possibly:

1. Under Settings/Lists segregate active lists from inactive (archived) ones. Like have the active ones up top, above a divider.

2. Make each active list "draggable" to whichever order one would like.

3. Have the tabs show in that order on the Tasks home page.

I'm sure it seems simpler than it is, but is that a high level of effort to code?

Posted 2 years ago

windsandandstars Pro says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

handmatthew says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

jjacobso says:

Please please please!

Posted 1 year ago

mikebracco says:

+1

It's not only terribly annoying to users like me who must preface tabs with letters or numbers to get order they want but it's a really bad user experience. On mobile, the nonsense preface letters/numbers hide much of the actual tab name in sidebar. Sure you can use browser extensions on desktop to change order but that doesn't carry over to order on mobile.

Posted 1 year ago

baltx0 says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

throughthemorning says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

jfrutos says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

bhearsum Pro says:

Want!

Posted 1 year ago

ubaldo.passamonti Pro says:

+1

Posted 11 months ago

kofujii Pro says:

+1 I'm using Japanese language to name lists, so the order of lists do not make sense at all. They are neither in Roman alphabetical order nor in Japanese Hiragana/Kanji character order!

Posted 6 months ago

vamshikk Pro says:

FYI - 'a bit better rtm' plugin for Chrome and Firefox adds this functionality and much more. I would still like this to be part of the standard interface though.

Posted 6 weeks ago