Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Customize order of list and Smart List tabs

danielcabreratoyos says:
It would be great if the list tabs can be reorder and not only in alphabetical order.
Posted at 12:56am on September 10, 2009
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This is now possible with the new Remember The Milk. :)

You can reorder your lists, Smart Lists, etc in the left navigation by dragging and dropping. Just make sure that you've turned on this preference first by hovering over the "Lists" heading, clicking on the dropdown arrow, and choosing "Sort by drag and drop".

Hope this helps, and thanks for everyone's feedback!
Posted 7 years ago
michael.vastola says:
Agree.
Posted 14 years ago
tatiana.colli says:
+1 Vote
I have a "Today' "Next week" and "This week" smart list and they get lost in the sea of smart lists. I could archive the other lists to hide them but I work with them on a daily basis. It would be awesome if tasks can be reordered as well. I'm using Todoist more often now for those two reasons alone.
Posted 14 years ago
simzdk says:
+1 Vote.
Could be helpful with some kind of rearranging feature. Smartlist grow as wildfire.
Posted 14 years ago
martin.marshall says:
+1

Posted 14 years ago
tomrenfrodbg says:
I would like to see this feature as well. I can do it now by prefixing my smart list names with specific patterns like "~01~" to sort correctly, but I'd rather it be configurable.
Posted 12 years ago
jamesashcroft says:
this is a no-brainer
Posted 12 years ago
alsage13 says:
Yes please!!!!
Posted 12 years ago
lisa.brookins says:
Just requested this feature today..it has been on the books for 2 years now.....what is the criteria for getting a revision included in the next release
Posted 12 years ago
vamshikk says:
You can do this through the bit better rtm script or addon.
Posted 12 years ago
jontes says:
Totally agree. Wonder why devs haven't done it so far.
It's nothing complicated, you just need to add arrows to list settings, make them work and change SQL query displaying the tabs.
Posted 12 years ago
esmejoy says:
Another vote!
Posted 12 years ago
adam.glenos says:
+1
Would finally be able to stop prepending my list names with characters such as ~@#$% !!
Posted 12 years ago
heisenman says:
LOL Adam. Agreed! +1
Thinking about how to implement this possibly:

1. Under Settings/Lists segregate active lists from inactive (archived) ones. Like have the active ones up top, above a divider.

2. Make each active list "draggable" to whichever order one would like.

3. Have the tabs show in that order on the Tasks home page.

I'm sure it seems simpler than it is, but is that a high level of effort to code?
Posted 12 years ago
windsandandstars says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
handmatthew says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
jjacobso says:
Please please please!
Posted 11 years ago
mikebracco says:
+1

It's not only terribly annoying to users like me who must preface tabs with letters or numbers to get order they want but it's a really bad user experience. On mobile, the nonsense preface letters/numbers hide much of the actual tab name in sidebar. Sure you can use browser extensions on desktop to change order but that doesn't carry over to order on mobile.
Posted 11 years ago
baltx0 says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
throughthemorning says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
jfrutos says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
bhearsum says:
Want!
Posted 10 years ago
ubaldo.passamonti says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
kofujii says:
+1 I'm using Japanese language to name lists, so the order of lists do not make sense at all. They are neither in Roman alphabetical order nor in Japanese Hiragana/Kanji character order!
Posted 10 years ago
vamshikk says:
FYI - 'a bit better rtm' plugin for Chrome and Firefox adds this functionality and much more. I would still like this to be part of the standard interface though.
Posted 9 years ago
danicoloma says:
It would be very useful to group the lists in 'folders'. I would like to have the Personal and Work ones, for instance.
Posted 8 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.