Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Thinking about going Pro? Votes are doubled for Pro users; each vote adds +2 or -2.

Have a new idea?

Submit a suggestion

Google Tasks sync

twisted_daemon says:

First of all. I love the RTM Calender functionality available on GCal. Works great.

However now Google has it's own task list functionality that doesn't sync with RTM.

Is there a way to set it up? Or is this featuer on the way?

Posted at 6:54pm on June 22, 2009

Dislike
lawrence.lanoff says:

totally agree. There is excellence in both, but the must communicate...

Posted 5 years ago

timothyadam says:

I say the main advantage that google tasks has over RTM's view in google calendar is that rather than having to click the checkbox, you can see your tasks for a given day at-a-glance, in line with your appointments and meetings. I'd love to have that functionality with RTM!

Posted 5 years ago

ranbarton ProPower Poster says:

Timothyadam - You may wish to tryout the original method of Gcal integration, which gives you some of what you ask for.

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/icalendar/googlecalendar.rtm

Posted 5 years ago

max.illis Pro says:

I would also be very interested in this feature

Posted 5 years ago

andrew.bird Pro says:

Since Google has yet to release its Tasks API, there's no way for RTM and Google Tasks to communicate. But I'm confident that once the API is out there, Bob will hook us up.

In the meantime, you can try the aforementioned Gcal integration from ranbarton's post, or this little gem I found today:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/gmail/7777/

Basically, by simply navigating to the URL below, you can use the Gmail RTM gadget from within Google calendar.

http://www.google.com/calendar/render?gadgeturl=http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/modules/gmail/rtm.xml

Posted 5 years ago

schneitj Pro says:

The Tasks API was just released.

http://code.google.com/apis/tasks/

http://googleappsdeveloper.blogspot.com/2011/05/getting-organized-with-tasks-api.html

Posted 3 years ago

mbacina says:

So can we look forward to RTM and Google Tasks Syncing?

Posted 3 years ago

spemarx says:

Oh god I hope so.

Posted 3 years ago

mike.bean.heyns says:

Yes please, that would make a world of a difference... especially if it'll be free :(

Posted 3 years ago

robertvanbregt says:

Integration by API or simple Google buying RTM ;-)

Posted 3 years ago

mushroom says:

What a good news too see the Google Tasks API coming alive ! I'm sure there is a really great mashup to develop with it !
I would be really happy to be able to sync the two services.

Posted 3 years ago

bvargo says:

yes I agree. can't wait!

Posted 3 years ago

marcus.weller says:

Let's make it happen. Are you listening RTM?

Posted 3 years ago

willz06jw says:

Yes, agreed! Please make this happen!

Posted 3 years ago

serfraedingur says:

I too am anxious for this function. API inter-op is the only missing link for RTM to dominate this niche. Especially for BB users, and Im sure others agree for their device/config. Essential.

Posted 3 years ago

movrev says:

I'd love to see this happen; however, does Google Tasks support all RTM features? It doesn't seem to be able to handle repeating tasks and tags among other things.

Posted 3 years ago

parf says:

So... 3 months since API has been released. Any news?

Posted 3 years ago

nr1 Pro says:

Please update it, and also: what are your plans regarding Apple iOS reminders integration?

Posted 3 years ago

kerschus says:

This is high on my wish list too - will Bob be able to help us out?

Posted 3 years ago

bsisman says:

I would really love to see this integrated as well.

Posted 3 years ago

kagemaru says:

This is just the feature I've been waiting for. It would allow me to combine all my existing solutions.

Posted 2 years ago

chris.ramesh Pro says:

This hasn't come out yet right? I'd like for the CalenGoo iPhone app to display the RTM tasks in the calendar itself (as of now, it doesn't show the tasks themselves in the CalenGoo... not sure if that's a settings issue on my part or if it's that CalenGoo is only able to display the tasks from Google Tasks..."

Posted 2 years ago

jeremyhays says:

So.... what's the word on getting RTM to sync with Google Tasks? I was planning to upgrade to pro in order to set up RTM and Google Tasks as my main system for "Getting Things Done." But I need RTM to sync with Google Tasks. Is that going to happen? Thanks!

Posted 2 years ago

hanli says:

+1 this is a feature I really need

Posted 2 years ago

ucdbadboy says:

+1 need it over here too

Posted 2 years ago

thomassteph says:

Without this, this app is useless to me. Is there any plan to do it or are we all just wishing Google would get their head out of the proverbial sand?

Posted 2 years ago

tyler.mills says:

do it!

Posted 2 years ago

dalewright says:

Really need this feature!

Posted 2 years ago

dalewright says:

I have also emailed them to see if we can get an official response

Posted 2 years ago

gcman105 says:

I would like to be able to sync Google Tasks to RTM too.

There seems to be a lot of interest for this feature.

Posted 2 years ago

tyler.mills says:

I'm almost tempted to use both API's provided by RTM and Google and create my own site :D

Posted 2 years ago

kenjohns says:

yes, this will be essential for me to continue using rtm...i must use google tasks for work, and i cant bother to use them both separately...so rtm must sync with google tasks, or its goodbye rtm for me :(

Posted 2 years ago

chris.alan.myers says:

I've been struggling with a way to simplify my life... I use Gmail to sync my email with Thunderbird on two different computers and my android phone because its a whole lot cheaper than Outlook and has more tools for email than the Gmail site. I use Google Calendars which are fully integrated into Thunderbird to share events and appointments with my android phone and my wife. For tasks, I...?????? I'm stuck. There does not seem to be a full functioning yet reasonably priced email client out there that can sync email, calendars, contacts AND TASKS in a user-friendly way between an Android phone and multiple computers.

I was hoping Thunderbird and RTM could help, but RTM can't see Google Tasks and an administrator has disabled the Remember The Milk extension for Thunderbird.

...a swing and a miss.

Posted 2 years ago

kbridgesmi says:

PLEASE hurry up and sync google tasks and RTM!

Posted 2 years ago

starfotograf Pro says:

would like to be able to sync Google Tasks to RTM too.
I love both, and I have so many tasks in google from my email account, and I want to bring them to RTM.

Posted 2 years ago

dscollon says:

C'mon, make it so already ... please.

Posted 2 years ago

anaszui says:

"yes, this will be essential for me to continue using rtm...i must use google tasks for work, and i cant bother to use them both separately...so rtm must sync with google tasks, or its goodbye rtm for me :("

Same here. :/

Posted 2 years ago

ddumont says:

It would be great to have the tasks show up directly into the Native Gmail Tasks. I have some users that use GASMO (Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook) and that syncs with the RTM Tasks with Google Tasks but it requires a computer to be on and sort of removes the "Cloud" which is bad. I vote for having RTM build in an interface to Google Tasks directly.

Thanks

Posted 2 years ago

joncontino says:

Man, this would be so helpful if RTM would just sync with Google Tasks. It would literally make everything a thousand times easier. COME ON GUYS!!!

Posted 2 years ago

mattylight says:

While you are waiting for synchronization, you can use the iCal links in your lists to add them to Google Calendar so that your tasks will display there like gTasks does.

My solution:
- Search for "status:incomplete" in RTM and then make that a "Smart Lists"
- Copy the iCalendar (Events) link and add it to Google Calendar
- Add the RTM Google Calendar App for easy editing (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/googlecalendar/)

Hope this helps some of those out there until this becomes native!

Posted 2 years ago

kevin.herman Pro says:

For what it's worth, I would also love to see a feature that allows RTM to sync with Google tasks!

Posted 2 years ago

brookwarner says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

undergroundtoo says:

+1 ...any development yet? It's been about a year since API release

Posted 2 years ago

undergroundtoo says:

anyhow I'm going with gogtasks

Posted 2 years ago

yappy1 Pro says:

Syncing with Google tasks would make life so much easier when it comes to using Google Calendar.

Posted 2 years ago

blacktone says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

coda160 Pro says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

saylon3007 says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

ors.blenessy says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

wayne.thompson says:

yeah dudes. this one's a clincher. no chance I'm redoing all my tasks on a new platform. At least have an import.

Posted 2 years ago

jollibee says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

farris.paul Pro says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

veggyhead says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

eriec.42 says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

andrew.parker says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

zeroadhesion says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

yakavetta says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

victor.salles Pro says:

+1 I would like this feature too.

Posted 2 years ago

lujacome Pro says:

When this is going to happen??? Please, I'll go PRO the minute it comes out....

Posted 2 years ago

kinglew says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

cheek says:

I'd love this too, but unfortunately I don't see it happening guys. RTM is a paid service, and syncing with a free service kind of devalues their proposition. In a more direct way, it also subverts their pro- requirement for mobile access.

As a former pro- (now gtasks) user, I also have to say that the standards for a paid service are higher. For me, to trust my data with your service, you have to have both solid official offerings, and great interopability. To RTMs credit, they put a lot of effort into integration offerings and an API, but I never could RTM to work for me as well as the simple gmail + gtasks. Gtasks also has the advantage that it's google, and inherently has lots of integration and third party offerings. I've never enjoyed rtms website; it definitely needs an update, and the apps have taken a long time to get really good.

Posted 2 years ago

mikenying says:

I would become "pro" if I could sync with Google Tasks

Posted 2 years ago

tao.yu says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

hellcatinheels says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

rtm2 says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

anthony.b says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

gyvelvej10 says:

With this RTM will be perfect for my use, as I still like google to be my main data provider. I will return and use RTM then possible.
Put this in the Pro account, and you will get a lot of pro subscriptions

Posted 1 year ago

carsten.paul says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

jerryinocmd says:

I'd become "Pro" too if RTM would syn with Google Tasks...Oh, and the web interface really needs some work. Not a very nice web-experience.

Posted 1 year ago

pcomp says:

i would go pro if RTM synced with google tasks

Posted 1 year ago

danielfitzo says:

Needed!!

Posted 1 year ago

rothgar Pro says:

Another bonus to this is that Google Tasks has good keyboard shortcuts inside the gmail web interface which makes adding/completing tasks really easy. A sync with RTM would be fantastic.

Posted 1 year ago

omead.k says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

rolandog says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

ridalma says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

mayowa.olatoye says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

sethflagg says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

razorhack Pro says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

blair.w.morrison says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

cuthik Pro says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

cybrhippy Pro says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

bluetora says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

gnadzon says:

Yeah, we need that sync !

Posted 1 year ago

ryczypisk says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

rcoilliot Pro says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

mike.cataldo Pro says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

carlson.james says:

+300

Posted 1 year ago

michalwolski says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

goringo_cz says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

energyaz says:

+1 & will pay for the feature
Send email to RTM and create GTask

Posted 11 months ago

erica.ackerman says:

+1 Even if Google Tasks doesn't support every feature of RTM, if it would just create a task with any features gtask supports, that would be great.

Posted 10 months ago