Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Support creating tasks from emails in the gadget

(closed account) says:
I would like the ability to create a task from an email without using the Firefox Extension and instead using the RTM Google Labs feature. I've started using Prism and/or Chrome to create "webapps" to use distraction-free. As you know neither of those support extensions.

The RTM Gmail Gadget is slightly superior in that you can use it everywhere you can use Gmail.

Right now I'm trying out a combination of the two. I use the extension where I can but hide it, I then just use it to create tasks from tagged/starred emails. I then hope to manage the actual tasks from the gadget when I'm not using the RTM site.
Posted at 6:47pm on March 18, 2009
Answered
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Unfortunately as of right now it's not possible for the gadget to interact with emails (or the rest of Gmail) in any way, as the gadget doesn't have permission to access the rest of the page.

Hopefully that's something that the Gmail folks might make possible with the gadgets in the future.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have the exact same request. I am using Gmail on Prism and the RTM Gmail gadget doesn't behave the same way as the RTM gmail extension.
Posted 14 years ago
pluti says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
wayne.lau says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
m.a.harradine says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Now that Gmail for Google Apps has support for contextual gadgets, could this be re-considered? A good example of creating tasks based on an e-mail has already been implemented by Manymoon, but I'd prefer using RTM.

Another related idea is here: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/9973/

Although now it's possible to sign-in with a Google Apps account, there's no marketplace app yet.
Posted 12 years ago