Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Group by tag

michaelcaruso says:
It would be great if there was a printable list that grouped tasks by tags. So that, if I had "calls," "email," and "errands" tags, the printable list would show all of my tasks, but the tasks would be grouped under their respective tag headings.
Posted at 11:04pm on February 20, 2009
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This grouping option (and more!) are available in the new Remember The Milk. Thanks for everyone's feedback on this!
Posted 7 years ago
milkiglo says:
Hey Michael, you can accomplish this with a smart list. A smart list is a search that you save and it updates automatically. It is sweet.

Do a search for tag:email. You'll see everything tagged 'email'. From this list you'll see the 'Save' tab on top of the floating information bar on the right. Hit that and then see the blue smartlist-that you can print from.

Check out RTM's how to for smartlists if that was not clear. And-sounds like you're a GTD kinda guy. Do a google search for 'RTM blog GTD' for using smartlists for contexts and next actions.
Posted 15 years ago
michaelcaruso says:
Thanks @milkiglo. I actually know about smart lists, but I was hoping to be able to print out all of my tasks in one set (with multiple groups) without having to print out 7 different smart lists. Your approach certainly works though! Thanks again.
Posted 15 years ago
aron.grinshtein says:
On the printing lists topic:

It would be nice if you could print out your lists smaller than they are printed in the default RTM.

Maybe to incorporate it with a pocketmod. www.pocketmod.com

Posted 15 years ago
amnisjonas says:
This would be nice in the interface also. A grouping header like in outlook
Posted 11 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.