Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Show a URL icon when a task has a URL

ndurant says:
I find the note icon in task lists very useful, so my eye easily sees which tasks have a note associated with them. It would be great if tasks had a URL icon also, to show there's a URL included. Several times now I've added a URL to a task, which points to relevant information I'll need when doing the task, and when I've come to act on the task I've overlooked the fact that there's a URL there...
Posted at 3:56pm on January 30, 2009
myroslav says:
I second the request, but will add that having icons (Note and URL) would help not only in primary UI, but in RTM Gmail Firefox extension and Gmail gadget.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please add this? :D
Posted 12 years ago
hans.meine says:
yes, please (icon for tasks with URLs)! also, make sure the icon is a clickable direct link to the URL!
Posted 12 years ago
pigsign says:
Please add this. +1
Posted 11 years ago
menage says:
Yes - good idea. I currently put a + at the end of the task to remind me there's a URL or note to look at...
Posted 11 years ago
dgmckenna says:
Please add this. Adding URL's is great if you use gmail or any other webmail, or if you use google drive or other cloud storage.
Posted 10 years ago
shardvicens says:
+2 on this. If my description says something mundane, an actual instance is "advertising ideas" I think I was just trying to spark a brainstorming session. I almost deleted it because I since have done that many times, but it had an actual LINK to advertising ideas. This was on android. In the meantime, I'm going to figure out a way to search for urls and add notes to then or something. Wish me luck!
Posted 10 years ago
johnfoland says:
This would be really nice!
Posted 7 years ago
henrikba says:
Kudos to the support guys (Elise this time) that actually took the burden on
1) reading my e-mail
2) responding real (not just automated)
3) *and* did the search in the forums to find my feature request here.

Anyways - vote added; think it would make a lot of sense with an icon for URI (like ndurant, I keep overlooking that I actually had a URI there). Sometimes even adding a "see URI" in the task name, or just simply adding the URI as a note - then I at least see an icon for note.
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for this. An URL indicator would be great!
Posted 6 years ago
cnolsen says:
yes! there are icons for notes and repeating - why not URL?
Posted 5 years ago
drbunsen says:
+1 - currently I add manually a tag #link to each task with an url to recognize it
Posted 4 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
This seems like a simple no-brainer.
Posted 4 years ago
coasterguy53433 says:
+1
Posted 3 years ago
tsuioku says:
+1 this would help me, because I have some task lists where URLs are optional. For example a list of movie suggestions where I sometimes link to an IMDB page / review page / online viewing link, and sometimes just store the movie title as a plain task item without an URL.

So whether a task has an URL is sometimes unpredictable to me. If it got indicated somehow, this would save me clicks (to view the task details and again to 'clear' task details if I was browsing). Moreover it makes it A LOT easier to find relevant tasks if I only want to consider those that have an URL.

I think the Notes being indicated with a Note icon is a good precedent - adding a link icon in that space if a task has an URL would work well for me.
Posted 2 years ago