Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Make 'This Week' view one screen, with tasks grouped by day

lolongan says:
I make extensive use of this view and find it not very convenient. You need to hit a day to see the tasks in this day and hit the back button to come back to hit on another day.
I would prefer this view to be a scrolling screen, with tasks simply grouped by day and each day separated from the others by a gray strip showing the corresponding date (same as in the Apple Contacts app, where the contacts are displayed grouped by alphabet)
Posted at 5:12pm on November 8, 2008
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've just launched version 3.0, which has a 'This Week' view grouped by day (yay!). Please see the blog post for more details.
Posted 11 years ago
johnwin says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
mystwillow says:
I agree. This would be a better interface for this screen.
Posted 15 years ago
djwess says:
thirded
Posted 15 years ago
scott.elias says:
I, too, thing this view could use some tweaking. I imagine "this week" as showing all of the tasks that will come due this week, rather than a list of days I have to drill down into.

One too many steps IMHO.
Posted 15 years ago
chrisbx says:
I have solved this by making a smart list with the following statement :

dueWithin:"1 week of today" OR due:never OR dueBefore:today

Then I have a list that shows the tasks due within one week of today, those that have no due date, and those that are overdue !
Posted 15 years ago
lolongan says:
Sure, I also use SmartList as a workaround, but it still lacks the date separators which will make this list much more readable
Posted 15 years ago
rovingdan says:
I USED to use another iphone app that does it like this but one advantage with the RTM approach is that if you add a new task whilst browsing a day then it will be added to it. With the other approach you have to specify the day.
Posted 15 years ago
vamshikk says:
Smartlist is the way to go. I have a 'tasks with due date' and a 'tasks with no due date' smart lists.

~V
Posted 15 years ago
aloshka says:
I for one really like the week view list. It let's me view how busy a day is before adding another task to it.
Posted 15 years ago
ab (Remember The Milk) says:
A quick tip for anyone who doesn't know:

You can quickly pop right back to the root menu by simply tapping on the This Week icon again in the bottom bar (this works on any icon). So if you're a couple of views deep, no need to keep hitting the back button! :)
Posted 15 years ago
aloshka says:
Cool. That makes it easier!
Posted 15 years ago
soundsgood says:
Well, RTM developers, if you do choose to add a scrolling "week list," as some have requested, please don't remove the individual-day views we have currently. I like being able to see any day's tasks with one tap.

While I do see the value of having a scrolling list of the week's tasks, I don't want that to replace the current system; I don't want always to have to scroll to the bottom of a list to see what's due 5 or 6 days later. :-)
Posted 15 years ago
lolongan says:
I see that some agree with my suggestion, some don't.
So here's another changed suggestion :
Leave the "Week" view like it is, but Add to the SmarLists (and any individual list) - which currently already display tasks in scrolling view - some date seperators to make the list more readable. You don't need to have separator for every day, just "Today", "Tomorrow", "Next seven days", "Further" and "No due date" would be fine.
Posted 15 years ago
asw says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
ab (Remember The Milk) says:
@soundsgood

Don't worry about that, it's very very very unlikely that we'd remove a feature :) Especially one that is given its own icon, you can add some more very's for that hehe.
Posted 15 years ago
colbymakowsky says:
Yes, agreed. Please add a single "this week" view, similar to the iphone calendar in the list view.
Posted 15 years ago
tgautier says:
+1

I think if you look at the google gadget, it provides some awesome functionality.

Having a scrolling list is key for readability and easy access without mad typing.

One click edit/postpone/complete is perfect, and could be done on the iPhone with tap/swipe left/swipe right

Posted 15 years ago
jswadley says:
+1

Too many taps for what could be on the first screen. Keep up the awesome work on the app! It's great!
Posted 15 years ago
johnmsch says:
I went the smartlist route for this also. Now, if I could only put that smartlist on the menu bar at the bottom of my iPhone...
Posted 15 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.