Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Thinking about going Pro? Votes are doubled for Pro users; each vote adds +2 or -2.

Have a new idea?

Submit a suggestion

Ability to complete tasks from the Overview screen

pattygolsteijn Pro says:

Right now it is not possible to set a task to complete in the overview. First you select a task, then you go to a list and then you can complete. Sometimes I forget to go back to the overview and at the end of the day when I click overview again, I find out that I have missed tasks.
So to just complete a task in the overview would be wonderful.

Posted at 3:11pm on September 18, 2008

Dislike
raymond.bergmark ProPower Poster says:

You could duplicate the Overview layout using smart lists. That way you can abandon the Overview altogether and use the Tasks view instead, much more configurable.

Posted 5 years ago

omb says:

I second it. Why not have the "Overview"-lists being formatted like every other list? Why should the user learn about the differences of a overview list compared to the rest of the lists?

Don´t make me think ;-)

Posted 5 years ago

rossgoodman Pro says:

I agree with all above.

I have manually re-created the overview content using smart lists.

To think of the coding effort that must have gone into "removing" the functionality !

Ross

Posted 5 years ago

mariano.benitez says:

+1 you should be able to take actions in the overview. You should also be able to see time estimates.

Posted 5 years ago

dylan.eiler Pro says:

I actually just posted a similar idea today. So it is +1 for me. I would love to be able to manage my tasks from overview.

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/8185/

Posted 4 years ago

leah.shalomPower Poster says:

You can do this with one of the Greasemonkey/User scripts "Improved Remember the Milk Overview" which you can download and use at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/38591

Posted 4 years ago

macmusz says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

macmusz says:

One more thing.
For me, the overview is good for acting.
The tasks view is good for planning.
When I act I don't want to switch to planning. And vice-versa.
Basic task actions in overview would be great.
..and would it be closer to GTD?

and +1 once again. :)

Posted 4 years ago

amirmasoudabdol says:

More overview feature Please
Such as:
Selecting Task, Completing, Postpone, Custom List on Overview

Posted 4 years ago

darthbeep says:

Another vote for editing tasks from overview, especially since i like the way the "weekly planner' prints out much better than the way the task lists do.

Posted 4 years ago

cww says:

And another. Any chance of making this possible?

Posted 4 years ago

mquinnsweeney Pro says:

People have been asking for this for 3 years and it still hasn't happened? Is there any reason not to make this change? I can't think of a downside

Posted 2 years ago

ilyse.kazar Pro says:

Not just complete tasks. Also postpone, view/edit notes, and enter new tasks without having to switch out of overview. Please see https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/189

Posted 2 years ago

waldir.leoncio Pro says:

I think it is clear that the Overview must be revamped. The two most important changes for me are this and idea #462 (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/462/).

Posted 2 years ago

bicer Pro says:

Much needed. I always feel like going to my desktop instead of updating/competing the task from my phone. Lots of room for improvement here.

Posted 2 years ago

mikabren Pro says:

I agree with macmusz.
I really like the Overview since it's so neat (no Bold or Underlined tasks, no tags). It's really easy on the eyes.

However, when I check the Overview and want to complete a task, I'm redirected to the list where the task exists and get bombarded with all the tasks that aren't in the Overview. It feels like an overload error....

So +1

Posted 1 year ago

ilyse.kazar Pro says:

It's so great on my Android to be able to complete tasks from the Overview screen, cannot the same programming logic be applied to the web app?

Posted 1 year ago