Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Gmail add-on for Google Chrome

paulpatr says:
Today, Google launched a new browser, Chrome.

I'm a convert. :P

Is the gmail plugin possible for Chrome? Thanks.
Posted at 9:42pm on September 2, 2008
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've created an add-on for Google Chrome; please see our blog post.
Posted 14 years ago
oliver.hartley says:
I'm a convert as well..... please please please...... i was so used to my google apps account and RTM......
Please please please!!!!!
Posted 15 years ago
mark_brewster says:
Yep, me too...
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
me 4!!!! Please implement a plugin!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm sure the RTM team will start working on it once the Chrome extension API is released which will supposedly happen "after the initial beta."
Posted 15 years ago
eric.flagel says:
Interested too!
Posted 15 years ago
Google Chrome doesn't support extensions yet, unfortunately -- once it does, this is certainly something we can look into.
Posted 15 years ago
andrethehunter says:
Once chrome gets extensions and RTM is on there, bye bye Firefox!

Remember The Milk for Gmail in Chrome vote + 1
Posted 15 years ago
simonappleton says:
Yup, RTM extension is the only thing keeping me in FF right now!
Posted 15 years ago
mshancock says:
I'm not a convert yet, but am trying it out and found that if you use the "Create Applications Shortcut..." function on this URL: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/modules/googleig/, it is a sufficient temporary fix.

It would be nice to see a "Quick Add" box and some more options similar to the GMail plugin in this gadget (e.g., change priority by clicking the indicator, a "Delete Task" option in the drop down).
Posted 15 years ago
jasdever says:
Add me to the list of people wishing(er...demanding... :) a RTM extension for Chrome.

Honestly, I think it is one of the few things keeping me from saying sayanora to FF. I allready gave up on IE (except for the stupid sites/apps that FORCE me to use it... I usually give up on those apps when I can)

As a pro guy, I'd love to be among the first to test it when its ready even in alpha!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
it does not work for me using the new firefox, on a mac os x 10.4.11
it does not refresh

please fix this asap as i really find remember useful
thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm using Chrome and miss my lovely RTM for GMail too
Posted 15 years ago
wilson.andy.d says:
Me too
Posted 15 years ago
scott.balun says:
Add me to the list of RTM users who is excited to have a plug-in for chrome.
Posted 15 years ago
wojo says:
Ditto!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
A plugin for gmail on chrome would be sweet!
Posted 15 years ago
maheshj.thakkar says:
Yes, I am also interested too,
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
If Google Chrome doesn't support extensions yet, how come all my iGoogle gadgets still work, but RTM doesn't? I'm confused.
Posted 15 years ago
john.lusk says:
me too
Posted 15 years ago
mthanawala says:
Pls let me know when the add in is available for Chrome
Posted 15 years ago
phefland says:
Seems like the keyboard shortcuts using chrome aren't complete. For example a task cannot be deleted when highlighted just by pressing "delete". Entering tags by pressing "s" works, but when done "enter" won't complete the tasks.
Hopefully keyboard shortcuts will be completed in chrome shortly?
Posted 15 years ago
glyn.hughes says:
Anyone notice this 'bugette': Adding tags to your tasks - usually when you're done adding tags, you can just hit enter to get out . In Chrome it leaves you in the tag editing field, until you reach for your mouse to click elsewhere.
I'm no pro user though, so what the heck to I matter....
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Can RTM for Gmail be used through Greasemetal? I haven't figured it out yet.
Posted 15 years ago
srbraithwaite says:
NEED PLUGIN (grunt, grunt)
Posted 15 years ago
ftheory says:
me too
Posted 15 years ago
spthorp says:
as well
Posted 15 years ago
su.key.tea says:
badly need RTM to sync with chrome, as am addicted to both!
Posted 15 years ago
levent.tuter says:
looking forward to it! gimme gimme gimme!
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi All,

We currently fully support the following browsers: Firefox 2.0+, IE 6.0 and 7.0, Opera 9.0+, and Safari 3.0+.

As soon as Chrome is added to that list and it is out of beta we will be able to spend resources on developing an plugin/extension for Chrome.

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
You do realize that most Google products are always in beta, so I hope you don't wait that long
Posted 15 years ago
kerryrosenhagen says:
In fact, Gmail is still in Beta. So by that policy you would never have developed the Gmail add-in in the first place.

Aren't you really just waiting for Google to release a version of Chrome that allows add-ins?
Posted 15 years ago
kerryrosenhagen -- yup, as I posted earlier, the reason is that Google Chrome doesn't support extensions yet (but once it does, this is certainly something we can look into).

Arvid was referring to browser support in general (we're unlikely to add it to our list of 'officially' supported browsers for the RTM web app while it's in early beta, but we'll definitely reevaluate that as Chrome matures... it could be a long beta :)

So to clarify, support for RTM for Gmail in Chrome won't need to wait until Chrome is out of beta, but until it supports extensions (unless it doesn't support extensions until after it's out of beta... well, you get the idea).

Hope this helps! :)
Posted 15 years ago
sylvainstg says:
From what I understand Chrome - just like any other Google apps will be Beta for ever. At least this is what I understood from sales people at Google (in the context of the Google Apps products)

Posted 15 years ago
jgbrenner says:
+1 on extension for chrome
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
There is a fix!! Gmail labs has an add gadget feature - enable that in your labs settings, then go to the gadget tab and add the following URL:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/modules/googleig/rtm.xml

This will add a functional, rtm interface to gmail similar to the firefox extension. You can't put it on the right side, as far as I can figure out, but it works!
Posted 15 years ago
kojihirayama says:
I am too!! Please give me a Milk.
Posted 15 years ago
grant_olsen says:
@nate.woodward: That URL Gadget from labs seems to do the trick, thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
kimberlyjane5 says:
It doesn't connect to email tasks or calendar like the firefox extension :(
Posted 15 years ago
ardyhar says:
Chalk me up as a user waiting for Chrome integration. Chrome has been my primary and default browser for months now. Can't beat the speed.
Posted 15 years ago
ben.goodsell says:
Milk please...
Posted 15 years ago
willw says:
For what it is worth, Google Chrome has just been announced to be coming out of Beta.
Posted 15 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.