Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Thinking about going Pro? Votes are doubled for Pro users; each vote adds +2 or -2.

Have a new idea?

Submit a suggestion

An 'All Tasks' list

james.huang says:

It would be nice to have a "all tasks" tab in addition the built-in inbox and sent tab. Not all my tasks have due date so the overview is not enough for me to get a all-task-view. And I suppose this would be very easy to implement? Much thanks!

Posted at 7:59am on December 18, 2005

Dislike
ipublish says:

Good suggestion!

Posted 8 years ago

kaushal.toprani says:

agreed

Posted 8 years ago

ranbarton ProPower Poster says:

Absolutely, plus it would help for searching, and copying and pasting to local copies

Posted 8 years ago

dav says:

+1

Posted 8 years ago

rakesh says:

i sixth that!

Posted 8 years ago

thebims says:

I was just about to say the same thing!

Posted 8 years ago

ebukva says:

yes, this should be a must.

keep up the good work.

Posted 8 years ago

ebukva says:

"Smart" lists (to borrow iTunes terminology), actually don't have to be limited to "All" tab. There could be "Overdue", "Postponed" and other dynamically generated lists - Just a thought.

"All" is a definitive priority though.

Posted 8 years ago

llimllib says:

+1

I went looking in the forum just in the hope that somebody had posted this request.

Posted 8 years ago

manoj.chugh says:

Very good suggestion

Posted 8 years ago

unclben says:

i would also very much like this idea.

Posted 8 years ago

chrisjlee says:

me too

Posted 8 years ago

edrevo says:

agree

Posted 8 years ago

sbroom says:

count me in

Posted 8 years ago

orbitalbears says:

I started looking for this in the 1st 10 minutes. I'm visual, so I would love to have the perspective of seeing everything all on 1 screen. I don't think this would take a huge number of programming hours too :)

Posted 8 years ago

emily (Remember The Milk) says:

You can now have an 'All Tasks' tab if you'd like one :)

See the blog for details on Smart Lists.

To see all of your tasks in one list, just click the new 'Search' button without entering any search terms. You can then save this as a Smart List. There's some quick instructions in the help section on creating Smart Lists.

Enjoy!

Posted 8 years ago

mose250 says:

The all tasks tab that I've made works wonderfully - I set it as my default list. It's just a smart list, a search with no parameters like you suggested. When I bookmark the list and click on the bookmark,however, it always shows "You have no incomplete tasks in this list. Woohoo!" while appearing to have the "All Tasks" list selected. I have to click on the tab itself to get all of the tasks. Seems to be some kind of bug.

Posted 8 years ago

emily (Remember The Milk) says:

mose250, we've now fixed this so that Smart Lists show tasks correctly when set as the default list. Thanks for reporting this!

Posted 8 years ago

mose250 says:

Thanks a ton - works great.

Posted 8 years ago

aaronhh says:

shouldn't this post be marked as "resolved" or something like that?

Posted 6 years ago

raymond.bergmark ProPower Poster says:

Well, the last post was over two years old, that's one clue ;-)

Posted 6 years ago

johnwin says:

LOL. I love that the way the system is set up you don't need to wait for a re-code - just a bit of lateral thinking and it's done.

Smart Lists are the key to this system for me. I'm only just scratching the surface of what they can do.

Posted 6 years ago

aaronhh says:

rajjan ==>

That is a good point.

If I browse the forums I can plainly see that every old suggestion, that has ever been made, has already been resolved.

Posted 6 years ago