Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Graphs/Charts of Completed Tasks/To Complete Tasks?

pcook1980 says:
Hey All,

Love RTM and depend on it and have a request that could be helpful for those of us who are more visual learners: charts or graphs of completed tasks (or tasks to be completed).

I compartmentalize my tasks into lists on RTM that align with the major areas of responsibility in my home/work lives...It would be interesting, for example, to be able to see in a chart/graph and compare how the numbers of tasks I completed for my different job responsibilities last month or even last week to see where I need to improve or need to plan ahead...The tasks could sorted by list or tags and organized chronologically in a graph with different colors for different lists/tags or even different priorities...It might help see the bigger picture about what you're getting done vs. what you're not...

...Either that, or a way to export that data to another webapp like Swivel...

Just an idea. Thanks for a great product!
Posted at 3:04am on February 13, 2008
nashlah says:
I second that! The ability to graphically track our accomplishments is awesome. It would give us a better notion of what's being done and allow us to know where to better focus our energy.
Posted 15 years ago
iphoneorganized says:
I concur and have a simple solution for this if Remember the Milk is interested.
Posted 15 years ago
iphoneorganized says:
I am using another application (I won't say) to track tasks.

1) I can view how many tasks I completed on any day
2) I can see if I completed the task early or on time.
3) I can see the percentage of total open tasks vs total tasks completed for each day.
4) I can see my percentage of accomplishments by week, month, year
5) I can view graphs for task completion for any of those periods.
6) I can complete something and on completion be taken to a page that shows how many "of things due that day" I did and how many there is left to do.
7) I can see how many tasks I completed on any hour of any day of the year and to top it off click on a link representing that hour on my iPhone and get a detailed list of tasks completed that hour and edit any of them. I can do this today.

I can see this online or the iPhone currently . Most of this is very simple to implement and can be implemented on RTM within one day. The only additional time may be adopting it to the interface for RTM

Again it depends if the interest is there.

Now on top of all this it also works within a group or team environment. On task completion anyone on my team can get notified and vice versa.

I am actually using it now for obsessive task management.

I have already expressed my interest in this type of functionality to RTM and would be happy to help make it happen if there is interest.
It can be done by copying and pasting some code (90% sure of this).

I am not selling a product and it is possible with already existing free tools. I know because I am doing it now. I would love for Remember the milk to implement this and they can have my yearly subscription. :-) Hopefully I am not the only obsessively compulsive task master out there. :-)
Posted 15 years ago
troy.thompson says:
hrm... One could easily do this with google charts api...
http://code.google.com/apis/chart/

A quick greasemonkey script and you could get this functionality in no time.
Posted 15 years ago
garfield2 says:
I would love to see a possible solution for this if you have one
Posted 14 years ago
aleks.berland says:
me too
Posted 14 years ago
nessa says:
Same here!
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Anything being done with this? having the ability to see what areas I'm spending most of time in (via task tagging) would be really beneficial for me too
Posted 14 years ago
wdool says:
Same Here....
Posted 14 years ago
jason.axelson says:
I'd really like to see this also. And a way to subscribe to topics as well.
Posted 13 years ago
andybrown999 says:
Same here
Posted 13 years ago
guice says:
I 3th that

See next posts

Gareth
Posted 13 years ago
jeremy.dolvelde says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
chisha says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
thinksentient says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
tony.grout says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
This idea is considered similar to "Statistics on completed tasks", and all votes have been transferred to that idea.