Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Graphing

nroychowdhury says:
I couldn't find much in the Ideas forum on the topic of graphs/charts, other than a couple of requests for a Gantt chart (which would also be very cool).

So here's my idea:

I think it would be tremendously useful (at least for me) to be able to look back on last month, last week, or even last year year (or a custom time frame), and see my completed tasks in a bar graph or pie chart (by list / tag / location, etc.). It would give me immediate visual feedback on where I spent most of my time during that period. An added bonus would be to be able to look into the future and see my upcoming tasks by category/tag/location presented in a neat little chart.

For those of us that track pretty much everything on RTM, I think the ability to get great analytics out of it would be extremely valuable as a premium feature (I'm sure there are others out there who would gladly pay for advanced analytics).

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks!
Posted at 5:59pm on January 2, 2008
progrium says:
If they don't get around to it someday, I might take a stab at it using their API and Google's Chart API... which they might want to end up using because it would make it really easy to do this.
Posted 16 years ago
deterb says:
I like the idea. As a temp solution, you may want to try making a quick script to put a copy of the feed into a table and use some software to do analysis on it.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Anyone progressing on this? One idea I had was a chart that graphs how much "sour milk" there is (tasks that are open by duration), and "that milky taste" graph for speediness of tasks (time from creation to completion).

Giving historical data can see where improvements are. Possibly bragging rights. Probably via the API, so wondering if anyone doing anything open source against RTM to contribute against, rather than reinventing the wheel if someone already setting up a lathe.
Posted 15 years ago
This idea is considered similar to "Statistics on completed tasks", and all votes have been transferred to that idea.