Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Hi there! Do you like shiny new things? You should join our Pro Tester Program. ;) If you're already a member and haven't received an invite from us to test something recently, let us know!

Option to hide the Sent list

justin.baeder Pro says:

Others have suggested this, but I'd really like to be able to get rid of the Sent list, since I never send tasks to other people. I'd like to get my lists down to one row, but can't do it with Sent in there.

For both Sent and Inbox, it would be nice to have a "hide" or "auto-hide" option so you either don't see them or only see them if they contain something (e.g. Inbox could appear if you emailed or Twittered a task to yourself). Of course, this would need to all be optional, because I know a lot of people would always want them to show up regardless. But it'd be nice to have a choice.

Posted at 4:21am on October 14, 2007

Dislike
norby says:

My vote!

Posted 6 years ago

raymond.bergmark ProPower Poster says:

Using Firefox and Stylish/GreaseMonkey it possible to hide all your regular lists. The ones you need you could make a simple smart list for. Usually found at userstyles.org, presently unavailable. Look for "smaller tabs, smartlists only"

Posted 6 years ago

esmp says:

Yep -- being able to hide tabs for empty lists (especially Sent, which some users never interact with at all) seems like a natural option!

Posted 6 years ago

marc.ryan says:

Love the idea. I never use the sent list

Posted 6 years ago

ahmadt says:

Any think about this idea, I just started using RTM and I already hating the Sent tab because I can't hide it and I'm 100% I will never use it

Posted 6 years ago

ahmadt says:

Vote

Posted 6 years ago

nathan.jamin says:

I just don't understand why this tab is locked... I would like to have the opportunity to not display this tab (and do a search instead for example with "isSent:true" type of search).

Posted 6 years ago

jonjudelson says:

+1

Posted 6 years ago

cwo says:

+1

Posted 6 years ago

jswadley says:

+1

Posted 6 years ago

vasella says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

matonski says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

richlin71 says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

imurban says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

ertb says:

me too, why can't I remove it?

Posted 5 years ago

jds80 says:

yes, that would be a great feature!!

Posted 5 years ago

dyehardz says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

machel says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

jarnik says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

jonjudelson says:

This is essential especially in an GTD type of application, we are trying to eliminate distraction, nice work on the iphone app, looking forward to seeing this, hopefully before I renew my membership at the end of July? =)

Posted 5 years ago

scottgould says:

I agree.

I always "share" my tasks, and then put them in my "Waiting For List".

"Sending" them means I can't edit them anymore, which doesn't work for me.

RTM is an awesome personal tool and I look forward to the collaborative features getting better over time

Posted 5 years ago

vasella says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

sauce.bs says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

newmilkentry Pro says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

alain.paradis says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

cellosubmarine says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

mariano.benitez says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

batman697 says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

spamboy says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

zachf says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

levk says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

dimaspivak says:

Please implement this, guys. Like others, I'd love to get my lists to one row, and I'm not clear why these two lists are so important as to be locked.

Posted 4 years ago

rlanger says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

justinian3 Pro says:

Yes, PLEASE add this. I *never* send tasks, and hate the Sent tab cluttering my interface. Making it so that any empty list can be auto-hidden, or letting me define 'views' of select lists would be even better.

Posted 4 years ago

rbd says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

nocebicmeme says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

jorma says:

Would love to be able to hide the sent list. Thanks.

Posted 4 years ago

cherice says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

samwaz91 says:

Absolutely agree, this would be fantastic.

Posted 4 years ago

mynnx says:

I came to the forums to post just this suggestion. I think that a lot of us RTMers are as OCD as I am, and it bugs me to see an extra list I don't use. It would be nice to be able to hide it.

Keep up the good work!

Posted 4 years ago

jansona Pro says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

batman697 says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

batman697 says:

Whoops...I didn't realize I already posted +1 until I added an image for my alias and saw the picture above! Sorry! Please delete if possible.

Posted 4 years ago

tgl Pro says:

If you are using Firefox as browser you can install Greasemonkey, and download the script A Bit Better RTM. This allows you to hide lists you want.

Posted 4 years ago

davweb says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

ernfors Pro says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

affinityweb says:

+100

Posted 4 years ago

shin.james.j Pro says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

grgvntlnd says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

debehe Pro says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

jwparkin Pro says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

chance.navarrete Pro says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

lukasz.lew says:

+1
OMG this has 3 years. Why can't we delete / hide or even rename these lists???

Posted 4 years ago

iamscottiew Pro says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

al_doc Pro says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

klein711 says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

klein711 says:

Oh, and "A Bit Better RTM" is great!

Posted 4 years ago

borovenskis says:

+1

Posted 3 years ago

t0ranga Pro says:

+1. The biggest shortcoming of RTM for people with a very large number of tasks/lists is lack of control over how the lists show up -- I'm willing to live with the slightly awkward tabbed views (thanks to the handy keyboard shortcuts), but there are already too many lists to have to get distracted by ones like Send that many people never use.

Posted 3 years ago

kaywebber says:

+1.000.000

Posted 3 years ago

sagv says:

Please, hide the list! It's three years since we asked...

Posted 3 years ago

mark.r.stoneman says:

RTM helps the attention challenged. Unwanted tabs such as "sent" don't. There must be more subtle, less intrusive ways to remind us about RTM's sharing capabilities.

Posted 3 years ago

jared.hicks says:

+1

Posted 3 years ago

mostafa.hajizadeh says:

I don't get it. I know about "network effect" and all, but forcing a special list is a little too aggressive. This annoys some people, and adding an option to hide this list won't hurt others. I'm pretty sure some people use and love this feature, but I've been using RTM for years and never even thought of sending tasks to others.

The point is that RTM doesn't have to force these things to its users. It's a great service and people join and love it because of its greatness.

Posted 2 years ago

amy.gibbs says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

zamboni says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

kevins8 Pro says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

mdcnuydt says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

kasuparu says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

jim.horvath says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

basimmousilli says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

nkoder says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

nukecola says:

man. this is still unsolved..

Posted 1 year ago

darekkay says:

I've tried using Greasemonkey to hide the Sent list as rajjan suggested. This may have worked 4 years ago, but now it's a little bit harder. Selecting a list reloads the data asynchroniously, so the Sent list reappears. You can fix that but listening to any change, but after that the selection of other lists is broken (select list 1 -> list 2 is selected).
A simple "hide sent list" option would be great. After 4 years of requests you should consider it ;)

Posted 1 year ago

vmbrasseur Pro says:

Hear, hear. An option to hide locked lists would be warmly welcomed.

Posted 1 year ago

torsten.karzig Pro says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

daimatz says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

cortalux says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

eriell says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

jserio Pro says:

Should be able to hide any list I want. "Hiding" doesn't have to mean "removing". If RTM "requires" those special tabs (Inbox, Sent) then keep them, but there's no reason to not allow them to be hidden.

Posted 1 year ago