Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ability to add to Smart Lists and inherit properties

johnfoland says:
Not sure if this is possible, but I would love to see the option to add tasks to smart lists from within the Google gadget!
Posted at 2:37pm on September 5, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This would be pretty neat -- the only thing I'm not sure about is how it would work with task properties. For instance, if the Smart List is for priority 1 tasks, then when I add a task I choose priority 2 (simplest example), which should it listen to? The Smart List or me? :)
Posted 16 years ago
johnfoland says:
Yes, I foresaw that problem, too. Perhaps it puts it in the Inbox with your criteria (not the Smart List)? I'm sure it would demand extra coding, but do you think it would be possible to gray-out the other fields after selecting a Smart List?
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hmm, will have to think about how it could work. Greying out is definitely a possibility, but I can also see how it would be useful to specify adding to a Smart List (e.g. to quickly add tags) and also set a due date (or something else not specified by the Smart List) at the same time. Then there's always greying out the particular fields that will have their value inherited from the Smart List criteria... will have to see what Bob thinks about that one :)
Posted 16 years ago
johnfoland says:
You guys are the best!
Posted 16 years ago