Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Hi there! Do you like shiny new things? You should join our Pro Tester Program. ;) If you're already a member and haven't received an invite from us to test something recently, let us know!

Ability to set default task properties per list

wbarthol says:

It would be handy if you could set the default task settings (repeat, estimate, etc.) per list. I have a list called Birthdays and I want all new tasks in this list to repeat yearly.

Posted at 9:27pm on August 15, 2007

Dislike
ranbarton ProPower Poster says:

If you have a smart list for birthdays (e.g. all tasks that repeat yearly AND all tasks tagged 'bday'), could you then use that list both to view birthdays and create them? I think new tasks should inherit the list's defining characteristics.

If that doesn't work, post back here, and we'll see what else we can think of.

Posted 7 years ago

dmorlitz says:

This would be especially useful - setting defaults in the "Lists" section, so in addition to renaming a task you could set default due date, frequency, tags, locations, etc.....

Having these settings on a list level would make task entry much quicker (even though it is already pretty quick) and if you change your default list to 1 where you have these defaults, you could even make entry with services like Jott much quicker and more efficient.

Posted 6 years ago

birdb says:

Yes, I would like to set a default location and tag for my lists. So that I don't have to enter the tag and location every time I add a task to the list.

Posted 2 years ago