Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ability to set default task properties per list

wbarthol says:
It would be handy if you could set the default task settings (repeat, estimate, etc.) per list. I have a list called Birthdays and I want all new tasks in this list to repeat yearly.
Posted at 9:27pm on August 15, 2007
ranbarton Power Poster says:
If you have a smart list for birthdays (e.g. all tasks that repeat yearly AND all tasks tagged 'bday'), could you then use that list both to view birthdays and create them? I think new tasks should inherit the list's defining characteristics.

If that doesn't work, post back here, and we'll see what else we can think of.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
This would be especially useful - setting defaults in the "Lists" section, so in addition to renaming a task you could set default due date, frequency, tags, locations, etc.....

Having these settings on a list level would make task entry much quicker (even though it is already pretty quick) and if you change your default list to 1 where you have these defaults, you could even make entry with services like Jott much quicker and more efficient.
Posted 15 years ago
birdb says:
Yes, I would like to set a default location and tag for my lists. So that I don't have to enter the tag and location every time I add a task to the list.
Posted 12 years ago