Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Thinking about going Pro? Votes are doubled for Pro users; each vote adds +2 or -2.

Have a new idea?

Submit a suggestion

Set rules for reminders (e.g., send to phone if priority 3, send to email if priority 2, etc)

dmrosenthal Pro says:

You should be able to set rules for reminders -- if priority 3, send to my cell phone 30 minutes before. if priority 2, send to my email 2 hours before. if priority 1, don't remind.

also, you should be able to set special reminder details for specific tasks.

Posted at 11:45pm on June 16, 2007

Dislike
hok8ie says:

definitely agree with the second point here

Posted 6 years ago

ranbarton ProPower Poster says:

More configurable reminders is a long standing request, and for good reason. It would be very handy to be able to have some items remind you in more imperative ways than others.

Posted 6 years ago

inocima says:

I loved RTM over checkpad for the google integration, but I really miss the configurable reminders... I checked the forums and this request seems to be around for quite a while, and this really makes a difference for ppl with so many tasks (and who doesn`t these days).

Ideally the reminders would be settable by priority, lists and by tasks (though I`d be happy with any of them!)

Posted 6 years ago

laura.james Pro says:

i'd like just to be able to select IM or email for different classes of remidner. if there's a due time I want IM beforehand, but for tasks with only a date an email at start of day would be better. I don't want to have to select reminder type per task if possible, because I like task entry to be very quick.

Posted 6 years ago

sujeetb says:

Don't know if this is a "different idea" for this thread, but I would like the Priority of the task to drive a couple of things:

# The sound / notification
# The messaging / notification - the subject of this thread, as I understand it

Posted 2 years ago

wheretheskygrows says:

I agree with sujeetb! A different sound would at the very least help to determine if I am missing something super important, like a doctor's appointment - versus something less important, like pick up dry cleaning.

Posted 2 years ago

jeff.hadley Pro says:

Definitely. The first step (for expediency sake given development concerns) would be to have an option to have reminders occur ONLY with tasks that have any priority assigned.

Posted 2 years ago