Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

New repeat option: every year on the [interval] [day] of [month] (e.g. 'every year on the last monday of may')

bsabol94 says:
Occasionally I have need to post an annual task on a certain day of the month. For instance, I need to change a sign at a church every Memorial Day and Labor Day. I would like to be able to have a task that repeats "every year on the Last Monday of May". and "Every year on the 1st Monday of September"

Is this possible? If not could it be added in the future?
Posted at 8:48pm on April 16, 2007
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This repeat option (and more!) are available in the new Remember The Milk. Thanks for everyone's feedback on this!
Posted 7 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
bsabol94, sorry this isn't currently possible. We're continuing to add support for different repeating options, so it may be something we can support in the future.
Posted 16 years ago
jipgirl says:
Found this suggestion via Google. My two cents:

Can this be done by entering something like "every [month name] on the [interval] [day]"?

(So "Set table for Thanksgiving dinner" could be entered: "every November on the 4th Thursday")
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1! I am slowly moving task-type items from Google Calendar to RTM and this is something that could be done there using a method like what @jipgirl mentioned.. more like repeating every 12 months rather than yearly (same, but different :).
Posted 11 years ago
camstobbe says:
I don't understand how a task like this is not in demand. There are lots of tasks that you want to repeat yearly at a specific time of the year.
e.g. go Christmas shopping repeat every Dec 1
e.g. winterize lawn mower repeat every Nov 1
Posted 10 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.