Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Add the content of the Evernote note to a Remember The Milk note

psionmark says:
I love the new Evernote integration. Combined with emailing notes to Evernote with a reminder date, this is a truly fantastic solution.

What I would like to see, though, is the Evernote note itself (or a snippet of it) sent through to the RTM task as a note. This would be the icing on the cake :)
Posted at 9:21am on May 30, 2013
synam79 says:
Can the reminder date be inserted to RTM from a note created in Evernote?
Thanks.
Posted 10 years ago
bluesgeek says:
This is always a head-scratcher for me: "Do I use Evernote and link it to RTM with the EN reminders web hook, or do I copy the EN text into an RTM task note?"

I usually opt to keep it in EN, and use RTM task notes for keeping running updates on the task progress. So, I might be linking a clipped web page, photo, or meeting notes from Evernote to RTM, and then using the task notes to keep track of things specifically related to the management of the linked task.

However, I would like to see the option to use the content of the EN note as the RTM note, for those instances in which a short EN note text needs to be used as support text for the task. For example, if I have some text in Evernote about the address of a meeting I am to attend, I don't need to keep that in Evernote, and it it would be ideal for a task note.
Posted 10 years ago
jeaxja says:
I'd prefer to keep RTM clean and focused on tasks.

There are always motivations on both sides to enhance in directions of
"Remember that Evernote" or a "Evermilk" app but I'm happy which each of the apps remain in their subject area and stay to be simple enough.
Posted 10 years ago
jryager says:
I like the opposite functionality, RTM notes sent to Evernote, but that would only work if you could add or append to a note in Evernote from RTM. This would be helpful when you get task inputs from other sources like GMail or Outlook that you'd want to save in Evernote.
Posted 8 years ago
dcocks says:
How about the ability to 'attach' Evernote documents or doc links to RTM tasks in the same manner that Google Drive and Dropbox docs can now be attached?
Posted 5 years ago