Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ability to create new lists from the Tasks screen

(closed account) says:
Would it not be possible to have a tab saying 'new list' or something similar on the Tasks page to create new lists? Seems slightly counter-intuitive to have to go into settings to do this.

Cheers :).
Posted at 11:51am on January 15, 2007
benpage26 says:
You can email in tasks to have them made into a list, i like that idea as you don't even need to visit RTM.
Posted 17 years ago
adoran2 says:
This is a big barrier for me, I'd love to see this implemented.
Posted 12 years ago
freddieq says:
I was really happy to find this functionality implemented in the Droid app. I'd love it if it were added to the web app as well.
Posted 12 years ago
prehensile says:
I agree that it's counterintuitive to bury list management in Settings.

My suggestion for new lists would be something like the way Gmail does its inline new tag creation: under the More Actions... menu, under Move To... add a New List option and pop open a modal dialog for its name.

Also, it would be nice to edit list names inline.
Posted 12 years ago
scott.novis says:
This thread goes back a long way... I'm curious why there hasn't been even so much as a response defending the current implementation.
Vote: Manage lists on the task page.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yes, it's somewhat awkward to go to the settings every time one needs to manage their lists. And I don't feel that managing lists really even is a setting. I add and delete lists very often (one list per project) and edit/tweak my smart lists quite often, so this would come in handy.
Posted 12 years ago
olivier.mathieu says:
+1
Trying to manage projects (GTD projects) requiers creating / deleting list a lot. I find it painfull to have to go in setting everytimes.
Posted 12 years ago
jtechkw says:
Having to navigate away from the page, and load a total of three pages to add a list is silly,
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Maybe have a static tab or a button with a plus sign on it.
Posted 12 years ago
maymdavid says:
Agree.
Posted 12 years ago
weiszguy says:
I'm with olivier.mathieu. I'm using RTM for GTD. I create and delete lists often. The current list management implementation is the only thing about RTM that is less than perfect.

Anybody know of a grease monkey script that could handle this?
Posted 11 years ago
user34217489302743 says:
+1
Very confused as to why list creation is buried in the settings.
Needs to be implemented somewhere on the main tasks screen.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I believe this is no longer needed. Lists can be created from the List list on the left panel. No changing screens necessary.
Posted 2 years ago