Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Thinking about going Pro? Votes are doubled for Pro users; each vote adds +2 or -2.

Have a new idea?

Submit a suggestion

Export tasks to CSV

nickle says:

Could you implement a quick, export all as raw data

ie. No need to go to an API, just Nice orthogonal table accessable using an URL.

That way it would be very easy to implement a spreadsheet that uses that URL in order to extract the information.

That makes it very easy to implement your own statistics.

It should show all tasks, completed or not completed, along with their tags etc.

Nick

Posted at 1:38pm on January 12, 2007

Dislike
emily (Remember The Milk) says:

Nick, thanks for your feedback -- not sure if you saw this already (or if it's helpful), but we have an iCalendar export available. We provide the iCalendar format as it's handled by most calendar software -- you might be able to use this export to get the data into other formats. Hope this helps!

Posted 7 years ago

nickle says:

Rethinking the idea, I can get the atom feed, parse it and go from there.

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/atom/nickle/713769/ is my atom feed when I copy the link.

I get an error message saying the site is either unavailable or cannot be found. What am I doing wrong?

Nick

Posted 7 years ago

emily (Remember The Milk) says:

Nick, this URL seems fine on our end -- as the list is private, it should prompt for your username/password if you aren't already logged into Remember The Milk.

Posted 7 years ago

smpandrews Pro says:

Emily, I would like to support Nicks idea whilst the Ical format is great for importing to calendars it is not friendly if you wish to create your own reports using excel and/or MSaccess. This would greatly help me manage my team (who all use the iphone app) and brief my boss on completed tasks. The boss has a certain way they like things presented.

Posted 3 years ago

soxfree says:

Vote for import/export via Excel

Posted 2 years ago

zockette says:

Having a complete export with notes would be awesome :)

Posted 2 years ago

fokkomuller Pro says:

+1 for excel including notes

Posted 2 years ago

plockerman says:

export to csv please

Posted 2 years ago

dschur says:

+1 for export to csv files

Posted 2 years ago

sylviavas Pro says:

prefer export to tab-delimited but some kind of easy export would be great. even just a copy/paste if it didn't pick up too much irrelevant stuff

Posted 2 years ago

linkz57 Pro says:

This might be close: http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2011/08/introducing-google-tasks-porter.html

I'm not suggesting leaving Remember The Milk for Google Tasks, but Google Tasks is easier to export from, advertising an export to CSV from this same tool.

So far I haven't gotten it to work, eleven snapshots and it's still failing on me. That said, the idea is promising: import from RTM and export to CSV. From a CSV, you could open that in Ms Office, Libre Office, Google Docs, etc and export to XLS, TSV, and go from there.

If you're feeling really clever you could take the source code from Tasks Porter, combine it with a Google Docs API for conversion and simplify the XLS export from RTM into a one-step effort. Take that one step further with Grease Monkey and now you have an "export to..." menu on the RTM page with options like CSV, ODS, XLS, etc.

That would require much more Python and Javascript than I have to offer, but if someone else could (perhaps the fine coders at RTM, like Bob T. Monkey) and I for one would appreciate it.

Posted 2 years ago

allthatcaz says:

@linkz57, I'm not clear on how to use Google Tasks Porter to import tasks. It's asking for a file, but all I have is the RTM iCal address, which the file field won't accept. I've successfully linked RTM to my Google Calendar, but how would I create an importable file for Google Tasks Porter from my RTM iCal address?

Posted 2 years ago

willmarlow says:

This would be an awesome feature -- I'd love to be able to export the raw data to .csv.

Posted 2 years ago

markginter31 says:

Same here. Export to csv or tab delimited or even to Open/Libreoffice format in Calc

Posted 2 years ago

aka178 Pro says:

The 1st thing to do with any new software/gadget is to investigate backup/recovery options. RTM looks poor. Please dont tell me about lossy iCal exports. It is a shame.

Please add XML/CSV/BIN/whatever export and import. So i would able to backup data, wipe my data and restore it back with all details in in 3 mouse clicks.

Posted 2 years ago

aka179 Pro says:

Please add XML or CSV or BIN or whatever export and import. So i would able to backup my data, wipe my data and restore it back completely and without using 3rd party tools.

Posted 2 years ago

alejandropolit1370 says:

Please add XML or CSV or BIN or whatever export and import.

Posted 1 year ago

fcastell Pro says:

+1 to have export to excel!

Posted 1 year ago

sjhanley says:

I vote for exporting tasks with notes within RTM in csv or excel format.

Posted 1 year ago

mebsan00 says:

see it
http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_id=49c30ca389410df9ef49b008e0d65203

Posted 1 year ago

brennen.chua says:

+1 to CSV

Posted 1 year ago

limacat says:

CSV would be useful

Posted 1 year ago

sherry.agee Pro says:

+1 to CSV

Posted 1 year ago

rchrin Pro says:

CSV would be useful

Posted 1 year ago

sunjana1 Pro says:

+1 on CSV

Posted 1 year ago

isaacab Pro says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

darrenmwalker Pro says:

Excel export please! - Don't make me go looking for a To Do App that does.

Posted 1 year ago

jumibu says:

+1 on CSV

Posted 1 year ago

cobas Pro says:

+2 on CSV

Posted 1 year ago

henrivdm Pro says:

I have been a PRO user for a few years, advances on Mobile has been fantastic, but on web there are still some annoying missing features, no simple export being a key one!

Please do not force me look elsewhere....

Posted 1 year ago

henrivdm Pro says:

I have been PRO for a few years, and the ONE thing that is a huge irritation is that there is no simple export feature.

Posted 1 year ago

egatlin says:

why can't I export my data? all fields/contents to a delimited format? just weird that this isn't available

Posted 1 year ago

huffhomeservices says:

it's ridiculous. i do believe the task manager managers don't want us to be able to manage our task managers.

Posted 1 year ago

morrisont says:

+ 1 million for CSV export....

Posted 1 year ago

grahl says:

I patched rtm-cli to export my tasks to a csv file, see here for details.

Posted 1 year ago

stevep771 says:

I discovered a work-around for this if anyone is interested. Go to one of your lists or do an advanced search. At the right side of screen, in the box you have an option to print. This creates a printer friendly version of the page. Now right-click on the page and choose 'save.' In save dialog box, choose 'single page htm.' This creates an htm file that you can open in excel.

Once in Excel, i made a spreadsheet that you can paste your data into and it will parse the data so you can save it as csv. If anyone is interested, i can make the sheet available. I know it's not ideal. Is a multi-step process. But if you're desparate, it works.

Posted 1 year ago

rothtimo Pro says:

+1 for integration with excel

Posted 1 year ago

manny.josbena Pro says:

+1 for Excel. I use Smartsheet and BaseCamp, too and have a weekly recurring task in RTM to reminder me to do those download/backups/exports. Sadly, I can't do weekly backups from RTM. I want all Tasks and Notes, too, because I have lots of Notes saved that I need to be sure are backed up weekly. Please make this a priority. Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

eagleofjade Pro says:

Definitely thumbs up for CSV export, surprised this hasn't been done by now!

Posted 9 months ago

weiszguy says:

+1 for export!

If I could have a CSV/excel/tab-delimited, or something along those lines, that would making reporting so much easier.

Posted 9 months ago

rameshcpoy says:

It will be great if we get raw data including notes in CSV format.

Posted 7 months ago

francois_nguyen says:

+1 for export : it would be possible to do some data analysis

Posted 12 weeks ago