Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Make it easier to add/remove tags from multiple tasks

kylir says:
Most of my tasks have many different tags on them. It would become a huge time-saver if I could select multiple tasks (all with different tag sets on them) and then add or remove tags from all of them.

I can envision the UI doing this a couple different ways, but the basic concept is to have a way of viewing tags already on the selected tasks and turning specific ones on and off for all of them.
Posted at 4:33am on June 7, 2011
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've now improved this with the new Remember The Milk.

When you select multiple tasks and edit the tags, it will now show you the tags that the tasks have in common (and the ones that only some tasks have). You can easily add/edit/remove the tags from the selected tasks.

Hope this helps!
Posted 7 years ago
thecookiemomma says:
do it like Calibre does it, perhaps? have an "add these tags" field and a "remove these tags" field. *shrug*
Posted 12 years ago
serodmat says:
I think that adding tags to multiple tasks is easy already: you select them, press "s" and add the new tasks without deleting .

What needs to be improved is the way to remove tags to multiple tasks. I'll add this in a separate idea.
Posted 11 years ago
serodmat says:
I think that adding tags to multiple tasks is easy already: you select them, press "s" and add the new tasks without deleting "< multiple >".

What needs to be improved is the way to remove tags to multiple tasks. I'll add this in a separate idea.
Posted 11 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.