Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Redesigned UI for the web app

oron.mizrachi says:
its time to put the old design to rest. maybe release an ipad-ish UI for the web
Posted at 12:01pm on May 26, 2011
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We launched a whole new UI with the new Remember The Milk. :)

Thanks for everyone's feedback on this!
Posted 7 years ago
iskin says:
Yeah. Controls and font size is too small now. And iPad UI is so nice :'(.
Posted 12 years ago
ann13820 says:
omg - the rollovers drive me nuts!
Posted 12 years ago
phajn319 says:
web UI has no clear black and white colors but I do need a nice clear black and white web UI. I mean NOT _gray_ on white! and NOT dark gray on gray!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please, God, yes. Now. Please.
Posted 12 years ago
jhuesos says:
The web ui must need improvements everywhere! It's good that you focus on mobile, tablets, etc, but what about the users of the web app?
Posted 12 years ago
dominic.spachmann says:
yes, please, an update! a nice UI with FUN!

At the same time I would appreciate to remain the shortcuts (I am a keyboard guy), seaches etc.
So it is more: more options and features and remaining easy :)
But more options for seaching, lists on the left (like "A bit better..."), easier moving, more options to sort tasks, and sorting with the mouse...., that would be awesome :)
Posted 12 years ago
dominic.spachmann says:
anything new about that idea?
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for keyboard shortcuts remaining intact.

Personally I'd love to see the notes contents rolled up and abbreviated on the main screen. After 5-6 years of devotion to RTM, I'm finding myself trying out thedeadline to get a better web ui and a better overview of the week ahead.

The iPhone & iPad UIs are working well for me.
Posted 12 years ago
nselander says:
A new UI that integrated some of the A Bit Better RTM (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/glcdefibajbglmeelclffdbakgjjjopc) functionality would be great!
Specifically, a keyboard shortcut to move tasks to a list and lists down the left side (instead of tabs) would make the web UI much more usable. I grimace every time the user script breaks and I have to use vanilla RTM.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
I agree on this.
- First i was using only webapp
- then after a while RTM on android phone and ipad.
- since rtm on android and ipad is more focused on due dates I have the feeling i'm constantly switching in working method while using both interfaces styles (in webapp i'm using tag for 'Most Important Tasks' (MIT), in android/ipad app I don't use these that much.
Posted 12 years ago
neilio says:
Man, if I could vote for this two dozen times, I would. LOVE the functionality, but the UI (especially the stacked tabs) is, as the pirates say, driving me nuts.
Posted 12 years ago
jadepearli says:
using the android app and it's great. would love to see an updated website as well that has similarly well thought out functionality. ditto to neilio's comments about the stacked tabs. but of course, please keep the keyboard shortcuts. :D
Posted 12 years ago
rvagbay says:
hope the UI will be updated..it feels overwhelming to see all projects stacked up on each other..Ipad UI is great! :)
Posted 11 years ago
kmf says:
This needs to happen
Posted 11 years ago
bernisim says:
IMHO, re-editing of elements is very unintuitive and with small (but annoying) inconsistencies.
UI :
- put BIGGER fonts and more space among lines (now it' too difficult)
- use different style (e.g. bold) between title and relative text and make a fixed vertical alignment among fields to make it more clear the differences among titles and text
- make much more evident the actual blue link-line between element and frame for editing

In the future, I'd like a double click to pop-up a more easy (bigger and complete) editing window (leaving also the current small upper right frame)
I'd like also a slow double click on list to re-editing element text on-the-fly (without clicking on list, then clicking on text field of editing frame,press ESC or other to deselect all (99% times I don't need to substitute all: I'd prefer a non pre-select all) and finally editing it

In re-editing frame:
- use the calendar-icon in date field to open a popup calendar to choose from (as 99% of other sites) instead of simple editing (that could be made by clicking on text and not on icon)
- in category field, automatically show a check-box list of categories (and it's strange create a new element using "#" for categories, but not in re-editing)
- also would be useful an help to choose also for repeat field options (using the field icon)
- clicking on element or text usually activate the editbox editing...except clicking on name category (but not on icon beside) that filter elemens for this category.
IMHO it's uninituitive and perhaps not so necessary since can be already made (in more intuitive way) by clicking on cloud category frame.
Posted 11 years ago
ursbraem says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
woodywould says:
Definitely overdue a refresh.

There's clearly a big desire for vertical list menus rather than tabs, and I agree with most of bernesim's thoughts...

Would love tasks to be bigger at the top of the list than at the bottom (priority or even due, depending on your sort order?).
Posted 11 years ago
remco_bos says:
I'm a RTM fan but the current web UI is unusable.
Posted 10 years ago
relevart says:
I am really looking forward to a redesigned web app, maybe something similar to Android tablet app. Hope you are working on it tirelessly :)
Posted 10 years ago
otrombor says:
Oh yeees, please!!! The UI for the android app is so much easier to use and so much prettier to look at. Please adopt some of this UI! I would make RTM so much better!!
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
fant says:
I would like to see a gui similar to android
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
Would love to See the ipad or Android interface as the web app for Rtm too
Posted 10 years ago
mattpackwood says:
I vote to keep the either the current set up or go to something closer to the old iPhone interface.
Posted 9 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.