Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Android tablet version

mvogel70 says:
Hi,

Will there be a tablet version for android tablets?

Thanks.
Posted at 11:27am on February 3, 2011
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
The tablet version is now here! You can check out all the details in the blog post. We hope you like it! :)
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
I second it - it would be nice what could all be done with the additional space....

@RTM: Are there plans?
Posted 13 years ago
bon_brannan says:
I think you are going to see a lot of Android tablets out there pretty soon and it would be a shame to miss this opportunity. I have a Xoom and would love to see a honeycomb app from you guys.

I hope you guys reconsider. I don't like Apples closed ecosystem and avoid them.
Posted 12 years ago
tmgllghr says:
I have the Xoom as well and was hoping RTM would have something coming out soon. I have been supplementing by putting my to do items in Evernote when using my tablet but keeping separate lists is not an ideal solution.
Posted 12 years ago
jthomerson says:
Could you please just enable us to install the android phone version on our tablets? It should work, and is definitely better than nothing. It isn't worth paying for Pro if we can't have it on our primary android devices.

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
jthomerson,
You are able to install the Android app on your tablet device if you have access to the Android Market. Currently, the Android Market is the only available method for installing the app.

Hope that helps!

Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
As a clarification to my previous post, currently your device must come with the Android Market installed in order to install the app. The ability to access the Market from a rooted device, for example, is not sufficient.
Posted 12 years ago
michaelrshannon says:
I would also love to see an tablet optimised version of RTM, but fully appreciate the limited resources of a small dev team.
Would you guys be interested in making the Android app open source, to enable others (like myself) to help with the workload?
Posted 12 years ago
We don't have any plans to open source our Android app, sorry.

We do have an API available if anyone is interested in creating their own tablet optimised version.
Posted 12 years ago
michaelrshannon says:
Thanks for the reply Emily - the fact that you guys have an API is great (and makes sense for exactly these kind of situations), but in my opinion the official RTM app on Android is far better than any of the 3rd party ones, which is why I am keen to stick with your version.
Anyway, thanks for the reply, and keep up the great work!
Posted 12 years ago
cormicz says:
I am another Xoom user who went pro for your excellent Android phone app. I would love a tablet optimised version for my Xoom.

Appreciate all the work you guys have done. I love RTM and will be supporting it for a long time :)
Posted 12 years ago
timestride says:
Xoom owner here as well. While the current Android app gets me by, some minor tweaks to take advantage of the extra screen real estate would be fantastic. There is about to be a deluge of Honeycomb tablets released on the market, so now would be a good time to start looking at enhancements for the Android app for tablets. Regardless, keep up the good work!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Happy Acer Iconia user here and I want a tablet-optimized version as well.
Posted 12 years ago
davehenning says:
I would just like to add that I also would love a honeycomb+ app.
Posted 12 years ago
trevor.jobling says:
+1 for a honeycomb app
Posted 12 years ago
At this point in time, I'm not really sure what our plans are for Android tablets, sorry. :(

We're a small team, and our mobile apps tend to be pretty big commitments (our Android, iPhone, and iPad apps each took a year of development). We'll definitely be keeping an eye on the feedback we receive about this, though!
Posted 12 years ago
cdavidlaw says:
Since they are standardizing android apps accross multiple devices; phones, tablets, google tv would love to see an app for honeycomb that way I'll eventually be able to put it on my TV as well.
Posted 12 years ago
nat101 says:
Hopefully you will do Android Tablet version soon....
Please allow viewing multiple lists (per screen space) at the same time.
This would be nice for any version, including web. We all have WIDE screens these days!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
honeycomb app please! not everyone is an apple fanboy ;-)
ps. rtm is fab
Posted 12 years ago
joel.knight says:
I heart RTM and would love an Android optimized version of the app!
Posted 12 years ago
nwalex says:
+1 to for an Android tablet version
Posted 12 years ago
david.geldbart says:
+1 android tablet
Posted 12 years ago
yakoff says:
+1 for honeycomb optimized app from another happy rmilk and acer iconia tab user!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
would love to have it for honeycomb.
Posted 12 years ago
dreyjor says:
+1 android tablet, please!!
Posted 12 years ago
wdevine says:
+1 for honeycomb optimized app. Xoom user.
Posted 12 years ago
william.furr says:
Isn't it possible to have a common code base for the Android tablet version using the Fragments API? You have the same views as fragments, and the OS figures out how to arrange them optimally based on the available screen size.

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2011/02/android-30-fragments-api.html
Posted 12 years ago
vinegartom says:
Pretty sure you're getting the idea on this - would just like to add a +1 for a Honeycomb/tablet version of the Android app. Also a Xoom user (noticing that's quite popular here...). As a number of people have said, even a few tweeks to make more use of the available space, etc. Would be great as a start. Until you go for a full tablet version, of course... :-)

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
mverkerk says:
NEED honeycomb optimized app!
Posted 12 years ago
51r519m4 says:
I'm dying for a Honeycomb version as well. Besides, I'm kind of sick of seeing Apple get everything.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for an Android Tablet version.

But if that's not on the way, I think the ability to change font-size (like the Twitter app on my tablet), might be a good feature, while running the same app on the phone and the tablet. (I use it on HTC Flyer & HTC Desire.)
Posted 12 years ago
zorilla says:
would love to have it for honeycomb!!!
Posted 12 years ago
denonatum says:
+1 for this and let me say that i'm worried about the importance that RTM is not giving to this app... Now I have a tablet and i need RTM in it in its best shape. The android app has some problems so this is a great oportunity to send a message to android/tablet users telling us if you want us to use RTM or not... You cannot have an app for IPAD and say you have no plans for an app for Android Tablets. Pleaaaase don't create a problem around Android... Honeycomb is of great importance!
Posted 12 years ago
puckarocca says:
trying to ditch my paper franklin covey.

HUGE +1 for android tablet version.
Posted 12 years ago
leespa says:
+1 for this as well
Posted 12 years ago
noyelling says:
Second what william.furr said

"Isn't it possible to have a common code base for the Android tablet version using the Fragments API? You have the same views as fragments, and the OS figures out how to arrange them optimally based on the available screen size.

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2011/02/android-30-fragments-api.html"

It should require very minimal work to get this at least partly tablet optimised.
Posted 12 years ago
pgarcia2 says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
lengqvist says:
+1!
Posted 12 years ago
josborne777 says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
mcmugchu says:
+1
I need honeycomb version badly!
Posted 12 years ago
jbhope says:
Honeycomb is the best up and coming tablet operating system and it will rival the iPad's app store by having decent productivity apps that people can use in their jobs and home life. Please make a honeycomb version soon!!! RTM is awesome by the way! :)
Posted 12 years ago
dannyking says:
+1 :)
Posted 12 years ago
diegoln says:
GTD and RTM enthusiast, I'd love to see a honeycomb version as welll. I've found myself looking for alternative apps recently ...
Posted 12 years ago
diegoln says:
And if 550k daily activations is not enough, I don't know what would be.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for me
Posted 12 years ago
paul.blackford says:
Absolutely. I am using many other cloud based tools on my Xoom and I also cannot live without Remember the Milk. A native app would be fantastic.
Posted 12 years ago
kerrpe says:
+1! - although I am itching to get a Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet, and I hear they have developed their own "App Store" which only lists honeycomb optimized apps. Terrified Evernote wouldn't be possible to load on it! (they say they allow side loading, but I have no idea about normal market access)
Posted 12 years ago
wwelch says:
+1 on for me.
Posted 12 years ago
jthompso815 says:
+1 for Honeycomb support, you'll need to do it anyway, someday :)
Posted 12 years ago
jorozier says:
+1 definitely
Posted 12 years ago
jaap.kramer says:
Adding my support for this
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
I just bought a Galaxy Tab 10.1.

When I configured my Google account all the settings from my T-Mobile G2, including installed applications, came over automatically to the tablet. I was happy to see that Remember the Milk was now installed.

I launched it, expecting to have some problem since this thread seems to say it does not work on tablets, but everything works great. Very happily running RTM on this tablet. No glitches or weirdness - it just works great.

Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
hiho!.. ill receive my galaxy 10.1 tomorrow.. i hope it RTM looks nice on it.. but a native app would be best for sure..
Posted 12 years ago
dbpedals says:
+1 for Honeycomb
Posted 12 years ago
rob.charters says:
+ 1 Honeycomb
Posted 12 years ago
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
Adding myself to the +1 for Honeycomb. Thanks for considering it. :-)
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+ 1 for Honeycomb + Icecream Sandwitch too?
Posted 12 years ago
ttorimoto says:
+1 for Honeycomb
Posted 12 years ago
frejo says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
fauge1975 says:
+1 please don't make me buy an IPad !!!
Posted 12 years ago
ladalske says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
pedro.broggini says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
An Android tablet app would be great.
Posted 12 years ago
karen.alpert says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
matthew.a.nicholson says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 honeycomb version please!
Posted 12 years ago
chadalanjackson says:
And another vote
Posted 12 years ago
nikanorov says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
colbysheridan says:
+1 - please produce a Honeycomb app. Using a Samsung Galaxy 10.1...we prefer to think for ourselves....
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Indeed, +1
Posted 12 years ago
jacques.hoon says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
msbarratt says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
wingdude says:
yes please. i have an ASUS Transformer with Honeycomb and would love an Ipad style RTM .
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
bdenning says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
jeremy.betz says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
matt.peric says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
rkerekes says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
bob3015 says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
avalingo says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
alasdair.north says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
petermeulders says:
+1 Galaxy Tab 10.1
Posted 12 years ago
jasonmanderson says:
+1 Galaxy Tab 10.1
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+ 1
Posted 12 years ago
aignatenko says:
+1 for android tablet version
Posted 12 years ago
joe.reilly says:
+1. I love RTM. I also love my Xoom. Please help me love both concurrently
Posted 12 years ago
hakan42 says:
+1 of course :-)
Posted 12 years ago
jim.paton says:
+1 for this. As the iPad to the iPhone, so the Honeycomb tablet to the Android phone!
Posted 12 years ago
kaopua says:
+1 for android tablet version.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 Galaxy Tab 10.1
Posted 12 years ago
micha.rentier says:
+2!!!!
Posted 12 years ago
jthompso815 says:
I didn't renew my pro account since you didn't have android tablet support, lmk when you do and I'll renew :(
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Android tablet support would be a smart move...
Posted 12 years ago
thomastsai92 says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
mandeepg says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
shadmc says:
Android tablet support please!!
Posted 12 years ago
benny.law says:
+1 for Android Honeycomb!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for Android Tablet version of App.
Posted 12 years ago
iwakyra says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
martin.blonk says:
+1 would be great to make use of all the space on my tablet (Honeycomb)
Posted 12 years ago
sajalb says:
+1 for Galaxy tab 10.1 , in fact something for Honeycomb please
Posted 12 years ago
xfuchsiax says:
+1 for a tablet app
Posted 12 years ago
fixyourtech says:
With the amazon fire and nook tablet coming out, this would be a big hit.
I am getting a Asus prime for Christmas also.
Make sure it works with ice cream sandwich, source was released recently.
Posted 12 years ago
denonatum says:
Mobile apps are a basic for the kind of service RTM does. So my pro account is going to expire in less than a month. It would be nice if you make a statement about your intentions for android tablets. If RTM has no interest in android tablets, that's ok, but please let us know.
Posted 12 years ago
denonatum says:
142 apple users don't like this idea
Posted 12 years ago
lrautrey says:
+1 for a tablet app
Posted 12 years ago
s73fan says:
+1 for a tablet optimized andoid version
Posted 12 years ago
coreyray says:
Please develop an optimized pro app for android tablets. Asus Transformer and Transformer Prime are showing the future of tablet / laptop hybrids. My office is transitioning to them for ultimately mobility. I would love to have my Lists located on my main screen (ICS) and continuously syncing.

Thank you again for your outstanding work!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for an Android tablet app.

I just ditched my iPad original for an ASUS Transformer Prime. Your iPad RTM app was just wonderful - maybe even better than the website. I really hope my Android tablet will have the same.
Posted 12 years ago
farris.paul says:
+1 for an update for Ice Cream Sandwich so it is optimized for tablets and phones. Like Astrid has done.
Posted 12 years ago
mvogel70 says:
One year ago I did this post.. Do you know if you are making a tablet version?
Posted 12 years ago
cdbragg says:
+1 from me too (Moto Xoom)
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1( Transformer Prime)
Posted 11 years ago
jonathan.tobin says:
+ 1 Galaxy Tab!
Posted 11 years ago
bbuknight says:
As a fellow Android programmer, I am not completely understanding the issue here. Layouts are fairly easy to implement for different display categories so there is no need for a separate tablet edition. Simply make a layout for tablets within your already existing RTM project. That way there is only one app on the market and no room for confusion.
I am surprised a tablet layout wasn't already created during the initial design and implementation of RTM Android. Is the problem simply the amount of time spent testing so many devices and developing workarounds for their individual quirks?
Posted 11 years ago
bbuknight says:
BTW, if you are not willing to make the Android app open source, perhaps you could consider allowing volunteers to sign a non-disclosure agreement so they can make the modifications. I for one volunteer! =)
Posted 11 years ago
ajmerrybard says:
+1 on the Android tablet app. Looks like 9 months since a comment from RTM on this, so we could all use a status update. I am shifting to an android tablet. Be great to have a tablet version.
Posted 11 years ago
michaelrshannon says:
@bbuknight I'd be happy to join in on this - also happy to sign an NDA if appropriate. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a small team of Android developers willing to take on the project under the supervision of the RTM staff.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Just pre-ordered the new Google Nexus 7. Really hope to see a tablet optimised version of RTM for it
Posted 11 years ago
darrens23 says:
+1 on the Android tablet app Nexus7
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
RTM on the Nexus 7 is weak compared to the iPad version. Really hoping it's updated to support android tablets soon otherwise may look for a better task manager client.
Posted 11 years ago
gte619n says:
Over a year with no Tablet app? Come on guys!
Posted 11 years ago
john.soper says:
ok... so waiting for a RTM version for android tablets was driving me crazy! ened up ditching my android tablet for an iPad. now totally in LOVE with RTM on the iPad!! Keep up the GREAT work RTM team!!!
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Why's it taking so long to come out with a tablet version already? The iPad app is just amazing, but I refuse to drop Android for iOS just for one single, amazingly beautiful. I use RTM alongside Evernote for EVERYTHING, and the Android app is the whole reason I went pro. Plus the Evernote team already came out with a tablet-optimzied version of their app and it looks just stunning, so I KNOW the RTM must have something in the works. Or at least, I hope so..
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Won't be resubscribing if an Anrdoid tablet app is not forthcoming.
Posted 11 years ago
mvogel70 says:
I'm not using RTM anymore because there is no Android tablet version.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I would love to see a tablet optimized RTM app for my Nexus 7. I use my nexus 7 more for productivity then my phone now.
Posted 11 years ago
jpcolglazier says:
I was recommended RTM by a friend this morning who showed me the great UI on his iPad. I come here to sign up and found this forum that disappointingly shows me that there is NOTHING being done for Android tablet. I have an Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T. I also see that there has been no moderator response for a VERY long time....sad.
Posted 11 years ago
eskrav says:
+1 (nexus 7)
Posted 11 years ago
johnwin says:
+1 (Nexus 7 user)

Even if the Android version was brought up to parity with the iPhone app that would be a start.

Anyone from rtm able to throw us a line?
Posted 11 years ago
johnwin says:
come on @emily - any news on a tablet version of Jelly Bean? Please!
Posted 11 years ago
dylanbird says:
An Android tablet version of the app would be greatly appreciated. Without this it is hard to stay with the system and I will probably move back to google tasks again.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Switched to an Android tablet a few days ago to find out RTM just looks so ugly i started using another todo app. No tablet version for a free app is acceptable....no tablet version for Pro's like RTM isn't!!!
Posted 11 years ago
johnwin says:
@celf11 i agree totally. As I've said above if it just had the functionality and interface of the iPhone app it would be a reasonable start. I really hope this is being worked on.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
ronnell says:
Samsung Galaxy 10.1 user here. Would love to see an Android tablet version!
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
steeeeeve says:
I'm going to +1 this too. I'm guessing RTM's silence on this means they're far too busy working on an awesome new tablet edition. Not that they're ignoring us. Right? :-)
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I would really enjoy a tablet version. Don't forget that Android is a fast growing market. I'm pretty sure that this market will grow faster than the iOS tablet market

Take care :)
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yes a Android tablet version is very much needed guys :-)
Posted 11 years ago
jonathan.dueck says:
+1 for tablet version
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 Table Version
but look like is not coming
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Come on guys! The tablet optimized Version is very much needed. l see this topic is open for more than a year now. lt's time to do it now!
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Now i have payed for one more year. And I really hope you will develop your good product so it also can run on a Android Tablet.
I can't understand why you only have made a version for IPad.
Posted 11 years ago
sampdelaney says:
Nexus 10 owner here. I fully understand your reasoning for choosing not to commit the resources to develop an android tablet app, there just isn't the numbers when you compare it against the iPad. I suspect it will begin to change with the introduction of the mainstream tablets such as the Samsung tabs and Google's nexus range. What this space?
Posted 11 years ago
gary.greer says:
+2
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
+2 for usefully tablet version
Posted 11 years ago
mattiesworld says:
yes, please make use of the extra sceen space on tablets..
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please add an Android version 7 inch Tablet (Nexus 7), or at least allow setting to INCREASE FONT SIZE. Letters are too small for quick view, and not proportional (or even adequate) for a 7inch Tablet.
I´m using other - less expensive - GTD apps (and widjets) in my tablet cause I can see comfortably RTM on it. Please dont recomend me to change glasses... ;)
Posted 11 years ago
isaacab says:
So I finally purchased the Nexus 10.
+1
Posted 11 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.