Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Thinking about going Pro? Votes are doubled for Pro users; each vote adds +2 or -2.

Have a new idea?

Submit a suggestion

Add URL field

justdoro says:

Hi,

I'm using and loving the QuickAdd feature from within Safari and Firefox.

Could you change the feature to also save the URL to the task URL property?

Posted at 5:15pm on December 9, 2010

Dislike
raymond.bergmark ProPower Poster says:

Read more in this thread http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/3133/ , especially this part:

"ryankennedy says:

One more version of the bookmarklet:

- uses the mobile version of the UI
- uses browser's current URL in the new task's URL field
- if you have selected text, uses that as the task name, otherwise it uses the Page Title

java_script:(function(){h='m.rememberthemilk.com';p='/add';if(window.getSelection){t=window.getSelection();}else%20if(document.getSelection){t=document.getSelection();}else%20if(document.selection){t=document.selection.createRange().text;};cp='http://'+h+p+'?name='+((null==t||t==""||t==undefined)?encodeURIComponent(document.title):t)+'&url='+encodeURIComponent(location.href);w=window.open(cp,'addwindow','status=no,toolbar=no,width=250,height=560,resizable=yes');setTimeout(function(){w.focus();},500);})();

NOTE: remove the "_" in java_script"

Basically you make your own Quick Add and use the mobile site (you need to log in once) on your computer.

Posted 3 years ago

justdoro says:

Sweet!

Thanks.

Posted 3 years ago

leinad.klein says:

works, thank you! But this should be added at official site, too.

Posted 2 years ago

dsteele Pro says:

I'm surprised that there is still not official support for this. I find myself revisiting this issue every 6 months.

Posted 1 year ago

dsteele Pro says:

Workaround doesn't work for me (probably again - as I said, this comes up a couple times a year). It asks for a login every time, and opens to a blank form.

Posted 1 year ago

michaelcaruso says:

+2

Posted 1 year ago

gandalf256 says:

so simple, and usefull why not add it

Posted 1 year ago

bgoodr says:

please add it so that the &url= part actually works.

Posted 1 year ago

cforgy says:

Very awesome. Thanks! That's been irritating me for a while now ...

Posted 1 year ago

bruleee Pro says:

Thanks @rajjan, the code still works. Only annoying part is it doesn't autopopulate the task name with the title of the page, and I have to manually paste the date into the due field. But it does save the url!

Posted 6 months ago