Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ability to duplicate tasks

sam.katakouzinos says:
I would like the ability to duplicate a set of tasks (1 or more) within the Android app.

How I see this work is as follows;
While at a list of tasks tick/select the 1 or more tasks you wish to duplicate.
In the options that pop up at the bottom of the screen, add a button for Duplicate (x), where x = number of tasks selected.
Duplicated tasks appear on screen. Optionally, you the app may choose to highlight them with a colour (maybe light yellow) to distinguish the new tasks from the previous tasks.

I duplicate tasks on the computer a lot and would like this efficiency in the Android app, please.

Regards,
Sam Katakouzinos
Posted at 12:53am on November 19, 2010
wherethewild says:
I'd love this
Posted 13 years ago
bob3015 says:
Yeah that would be great.
Posted 13 years ago
yamamotoknj says:
Me too!
Posted 13 years ago
bob3015 says:
Me three !
Posted 12 years ago
joerg.rieckermann says:
+1 vote
Posted 12 years ago
henrivdm says:
Critical please!!!
Posted 12 years ago
mattjbray says:
Just being able to duplicate a single task would be a huge time saver for me.
Posted 12 years ago
rdjrtm says:
I was about to make a new post for this, but here it is. Me too. I was surprised it's not in the Android app already!
Posted 12 years ago
faramant says:
Duplicating tasks in the app is essential. It would make creating new tasks without much typing much easier. I could even use template tasks.
Posted 11 years ago
jamexcel says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I would love to see this feature added as well. I am able to move pretty seamlessly between the web and Android versions with all other features having pretty even parity.
Posted 11 years ago
zentiggr says:
I am facing the situation of having to manually build my RTM lists from my Palm Centro Tasks. Being able to set template items to reduce duplicate field entries would be amazingly faster.
Posted 11 years ago
jamexcel says:
I am really MISSING this ability in my Day to Day routines... it is essential.
THANKS!!
Posted 11 years ago
zhzexi says:
+1 love this
Posted 10 years ago
anew74 says:
For me, this is the biggest "missing link" in Android App. I do a huge amount of duplicating tasks to create new ones (I have a lot of things that repeat, but not on a regular scheduled basis), so not having this feature in the App, really limits its usefulness to me.
Posted 10 years ago
jehnaz says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
igorrs says:
My case is exactly the same as anew74's. I have to open the web app several times a day just to duplicate tasks.
Posted 9 years ago
isaacab says:
I use a lot of "templates" for routines, which requires me to always duplicate my template-tasks from a PC. Really annoying.
When do you expect to have this on
Posted 7 years ago
reyre says:
+1
Posted 7 years ago
andreyblinkov says:
Support, that will be significant improvement.
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
+2
Posted 7 years ago
jcallaway says:
+1
Posted 6 years ago
dannynelson says:
I use several templates, but sometimes do not have access to a computer to duplicate them. When traveling for example, I may need to duplicate a "packing list" template from my phone.
Posted 5 years ago
bcampbell says:
Looks like this was suggested almost 10 years ago. I'm just looking for the same ability to duplicate one task that has existed for a long time in the computer/browser version of RTM.

What I'd really love is templated tasks but duplicate is my workaround for irregularly repeated (so I can't make it repeating) tasks that I do frequently and have multiple subtasks as part of the main task. I have a list of "templated" tasks that I duplicate when I get asked to don one of thise jobs that requires multiple, previously documented steps.
Posted 4 years ago
zurbit says:
Being able to create a duplicate of any task, on an IOS device would be extremely helpful, as found in the browser based version of RTM ! (Pleeeeeeeease)
Posted 4 years ago
lensaffair says:
+1
Really useful feature; I can't figure out, why it wasn't implemented in the mobile apps in the first place?
Posted 3 years ago
starglows says:
*I would also love to be able to Duplicate tasks from within the Android app!*

Similar to some other users, I use task duplication for recurring infrequently done tasks that I don't want to make repeating (because I don't want an unneeded due date) but still want to keep a list of.

I do have a *workaround* though: marking the task as "repeat after..." so it is auto-duplicated on completion. Then delete the due date for the new task.

Still since this is already possible on web, I'd guess adding the option in the menu next to "Delete" on Android would not be very difficult.
Posted 3 years ago
marlon.price says:
+1
Just started using Chrome OS and disappointed to learn duplicate task was not available. I use this feature a lot and it would be very helpful to have it in the Android version.
Posted 3 years ago
maoman says:
+1
Pleeease :)
Posted 2 years ago
cntfxstupid says:
Can't believe we still can't duplicate tasks in the android app.
Posted 1 year ago
olafschroeder says:
That's exactly it: Me either! Can't believe we still cannot copy entries in the Android app. Just like another guy wrote 12 years ago: Critical! And so basic!!
This can't be that difficult.
Posted 6 months ago
simon.katz says:
I want this too!
Posted 5 days ago