Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Thinking about going Pro? Votes are doubled for Pro users; each vote adds +2 or -2.

Have a new idea?

Submit a suggestion

Ability to duplicate tasks

sam.katakouzinos Pro says:

I would like the ability to duplicate a set of tasks (1 or more) within the Android app.

How I see this work is as follows;
While at a list of tasks tick/select the 1 or more tasks you wish to duplicate.
In the options that pop up at the bottom of the screen, add a button for Duplicate (x), where x = number of tasks selected.
Duplicated tasks appear on screen. Optionally, you the app may choose to highlight them with a colour (maybe light yellow) to distinguish the new tasks from the previous tasks.

I duplicate tasks on the computer a lot and would like this efficiency in the Android app, please.

Regards,
Sam Katakouzinos

Posted at 12:53am on November 19, 2010

Dislike
wherethewild says:

I'd love this

Posted 3 years ago

bob3015 says:

Yeah that would be great.

Posted 3 years ago

yamamotoknj Pro says:

Me too!

Posted 3 years ago

bob3015 says:

Me three !

Posted 3 years ago

joerg.rieckermann says:

+1 vote

Posted 3 years ago

henrivdm Pro says:

Critical please!!!

Posted 3 years ago

mattjbray says:

Just being able to duplicate a single task would be a huge time saver for me.

Posted 2 years ago

rdjrtm Pro says:

I was about to make a new post for this, but here it is. Me too. I was surprised it's not in the Android app already!

Posted 2 years ago

faramant Pro says:

Duplicating tasks in the app is essential. It would make creating new tasks without much typing much easier. I could even use template tasks.

Posted 2 years ago

jamexcel Pro says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

dnorthut Pro says:

I would love to see this feature added as well. I am able to move pretty seamlessly between the web and Android versions with all other features having pretty even parity.

Posted 2 years ago

zentiggr says:

I am facing the situation of having to manually build my RTM lists from my Palm Centro Tasks. Being able to set template items to reduce duplicate field entries would be amazingly faster.

Posted 2 years ago

jamexcel Pro says:

I am really MISSING this ability in my Day to Day routines... it is essential.
THANKS!!

Posted 2 years ago

zhzexi says:

+1 love this

Posted 1 year ago

anew74 says:

For me, this is the biggest "missing link" in Android App. I do a huge amount of duplicating tasks to create new ones (I have a lot of things that repeat, but not on a regular scheduled basis), so not having this feature in the App, really limits its usefulness to me.

Posted 1 year ago

jehnaz says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

igorrs Pro says:

My case is exactly the same as anew74's. I have to open the web app several times a day just to duplicate tasks.

Posted 6 months ago