Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

BlackBerry PlayBook app

willw says:
The PlayBook will be released early next year, and I plan to get one. Would love to see an RTM app on it!

The app can probably be designed to look similar to whatever you are doing for your iPad app. Also the PlayBook supports developing apps in Adobe AIR - so if you develop an app for the PlayBook in AIR, you can easily bring it out as a cross-platform desktop app as well! Win-win-win ;-)
Posted at 12:33am on November 13, 2010
willw says:
An actual app is not necessarily necessary actually. The PlayBook will have access to the tasks of a paired BlackBerry, so running MilkSync on the paired BlackBerry should do the trick..
Posted 13 years ago
tonytony says:
It should, but you will lose all the features that the iPad app has, such as tags. I think an actual app, such as iPhone's or iPad's, will really make a difference and encourage the service between blackberry users.
Look at the price of the alternatives in the App World... nuts.
Posted 13 years ago
chad.nuttall says:

Any more chatter of a RTM app for the playbook?

C
Posted 12 years ago
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
I am a blackberry user (although I don't have a play book) and I use the RTM browser and Opera Mini browsers to access my tasks (with tags/lists) on my Blackberry, as I do not like the way the bbrry task app works. Perhaps you could use the browsers on the playbook.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
I just wanted to mention that the RTM website is cumbersome to use on the playbook. A native app would be nice.
Posted 12 years ago
duvadie says:
I also find RTM website is not easy to use on Playbook. An would be very useful and much appreciated.
Posted 12 years ago
rtmlibertad says:
I also don't like the existing Blackberry RTM App. I have a playbook and would love to be able to use a native app for RTM. Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
buroinzicht says:
yes please give me a rtm app for playbook
Posted 12 years ago
luays says:
I agree, I use RTM because it works on my Ipad/Online and I would love to have it work on the Playbook (I use that way more frequently) The website is rather cumbersome so an All in App would work.

There is already an Adobe Air app called Remember the Task (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/marketplace/index.cfm?event=marketplace.offering&offeringid=10052&marketplaceid=1) and seeing as how the Playbook allows Adobe Air applications to work is there a way we can get this ported?
Posted 12 years ago
camshaft says:
Any word on a app for the playbook? If not soon, it will be time to find a new task scheduler. Help
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
An app soon would be nice. Found an alternative which is android/playbook/web and covers everything but would prefer to stick with RTM
Posted 12 years ago
luays says:
I'm not sure why there are more Downvotes than upvotes yet those people who voted down haven't even commented on here.

@paul2spencer what alternative do you speak of?
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
I would be happy if RTM simply ports their Android version to Playbook:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/
Posted 12 years ago
michael.nagel says:
RTM app for playbook will be very usefull
Posted 12 years ago
miken22 says:
With the price drop, there might be a lot more energy for this app now. I'm currently using MilkSync on my Blackberry, which gets the tasks into the BB task manager and onto the Playbook whiled Bridged. But, I'd like an app for pure offline use. Right now I use the iPhone app on my iPod touch for that - would prefer to have that stuff on my Playbook. Is there any chance of a Playbook app?
Posted 12 years ago
canid23 says:
A playbook app would be excellent, but perhaps the existing android app will be converted over with the playbook 2.0 software release in february?
Posted 12 years ago
mweitzel says:
I Actually ran a version of the 2.0.0 client ApK through the on web compatibility checker on the BB web site and it said that it's compatible... :)
Posted 12 years ago
mike524 says:
a playbook app for RTM would be great and a lot better than the bridge. I use my PB for work with my PC as a kind of 2nd screen... keep up the good work

mike
Posted 12 years ago
etirado says:
Still waiting for my playbook to be delivered and haven't used a BB in awhile. I would prefer a native app but if the Android version works AND allows me to use it offline that would be enough for now.
Posted 12 years ago
beaproof says:
I also vote for a native PlayBook app. Agreed that the website doesn't work very well for touchscreen devices. So woot woot for developing a PlayBook app!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
I would also be pleased to have RTM on the PlayBook. The website is not ideal for fingers. There are apps for iPad and Android, so please throw the PlayBook users a bone...
Posted 12 years ago
brafales says:
Agree on that, a RTM native app for the PlayBook would be great :P
Posted 12 years ago
greg.carss says:
Yes, an app for Playbook would be great! There isn't much meaningful competition in the space, so RM could pretty much take over that market.
Posted 12 years ago
joel.brooks says:
when is the playbook app due out?
Posted 11 years ago
patfinn33 says:
How difficult would it be to build a RIM playbook version running in the Android player ?
Posted 11 years ago
dookie67 says:
I use a sideloaded android rtm app right now. It works fine. It'd be cool to see it in app world.
Posted 11 years ago
2ndhalfcor says:
dookie67, can you point me to where I can get the .apk? RTM is not working in the browser. The enter key doesn't work to create a new task on my Playbook
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
another vote for a playbook app!
Posted 11 years ago
belidzs says:
playbook app, please! or at least you could port the droid version.
Posted 11 years ago
dyniss says:
I would be OK with just a web interface, but only if you allowed me to hit on my Playbook and have the web interface accept it. I cannot enter a new task into my inbox!
Posted 11 years ago
dyniss says:
The word "enter" should have been after the word "hit" above.
Posted 11 years ago
kornelius.fuchs says:
I have the same problem like dyniss and vote for an RTM playbook app

Posted 10 years ago
zwoote says:
Oh yes, please. BB Playbook App is wanted.
Posted 10 years ago