Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Hi there! Do you like shiny new things? You should join our Pro Tester Program. ;) If you're already a member and haven't received an invite from us to test something recently, let us know!

Customize sort order for completed tasks

xuboxin says:

I often check completed tasks as a way to track progress towards a goal, but the current sort order for completed tasks is by completion date, just thought it should be able to sort by due date as well. What do you think? Thank you.

Posted at 1:35am on September 1, 2010

Dislike
xuboxin says:

found out it'd been discussed long before, many want it but still not implemented, disappointed:(

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/7738/

Posted 4 years ago

gormac Pro says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

swerntz Pro says:

Another +1 for completed task sort options.
Should be very easy since sorting is already available elsewhere.

I'm need it for a repetitive use shopping list (Costco). As a workaround I currently use a two lists. One holds all possible items I might get since this list is not completed I can sort. I move items from this list to a second list as I prep for next shopping trip. The second list is used during a shopping trip. After shopping I move all completed items from the second list back to the first list then I uncomplete them so they're available for next time. This works OK as long as you use a full browser to for the bulk actions. Not so great if I had to do it all on my mobile device.

Posted 4 years ago

jlous says:

+1
At the very least it should support "use same ordering as uncompleted", but I can't see why one couldn't just allow any sort in this view.

For example, I have lists where I frequently reuse old tasks by uncompleting them. The uncompleted ones I want ordered by priority or due date, but the (large) list of completed ones I'd like alphabetical so I can quickly find the specific one I'd like to uincomplete.

Posted 4 years ago

rtrimble says:

+1 for the ability to sort completed tasks.

I have a grocery list where I reuse completed tasks. However, having my completed tasks sorted by completion date make finding the items I want to uncomplete difficult.

As a workaround I move the completed grocery tasks to an empty list, uncompleted them, then sort as desired. I then move the tasks I want to reuse back to the grocery list as uncompleted tasks. I re-complete the rest of the tasks and move them back to the grocery list as completed tasks.

These extra steps could be prevented if I could sort completed tasks alphabetically.

Thanks.

Posted 3 years ago

jordi9 Pro says:

+1

This is a must for reusable items!

jordi

Posted 3 years ago

wohler Pro says:

From the duplicate idea #7738: sort completed task

+1 for groceries.
+1 for movies.
+1 for beers
+1 for restaurants
+1 for wines

In the latter cases, I'd like to sort by priority (used to rank an item) in addition to sorting alphabetically so I can quickly recommend 5-star movies or excellent wines to a friend :-)

Thus, in general, I'd like to be able to sort completed tasks by alphabetical/priority, or priority/alphabetical at a minimum. Of course, each list, including smart lists, should have their own completed item sort preference. The default sort by completed date is fine.

Posted 3 years ago

angelo011 says:

+1

Posted 3 years ago

llantha says:

People seem to have been asking for this for several years now. Any response from RTM?

Posted 3 years ago

cwh0471 Pro says:

RTM needs to get this done. Seems like it would be an easy fix as we can sort all incomplete lists.

Posted 2 years ago

snugglesz says:

Please do this. It is insane that the *single reason* I tried this application--using the iphone reminder list to make a grocery list is impossible because the completed list is unsortable--is not fixed by this application.

Posted 1 year ago