Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tasks no longer load in Google Calendar

nateyu says:
Starting a few weeks ago, my tasks stopped loading in google calendar. I've tried refreshing in different browsers and always get the message:

Calendar 'Remember The Milk' did not load. If the problem persists, visit the Help Center.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the addon, and it still does not fix the problem.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Posted at 5:33pm on February 3, 2010
djglass says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
First of all, it'd be worth trying to load the following page just to make sure you're able to load the content of the gadget: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/modules/googlecalendar/?s=20100204

Assuming you can load that, it seems like Google Calendar isn't able to load the daily gadget for some reason. It'd be good to see if the Google Calendar troubleshooter can resolve it. You may need to contact Google (at the end of that process) if the steps don't help to resolve the problem.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted on any details.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Andrew,

I've been having this issue as well, intermittently. It really seems to me like Google Calendar is just giving up due to a slow response from the RTM servers, or something like that.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I've been having this problem for a couple of weeks, now, too. Either rememberthemilk doesn't load at all into my google calendar or it takes a VERY long time but then will disappear again after a short while. The usual gcal error message - "Calendar 'Remember The Milk' did not load. If the problem persists, visit the Help Center."

Up until then I had many months of perfect integration.
Posted 14 years ago
cww says:
Same with me. It happens almost every time.
Posted 14 years ago
hellokit says:
Same problem here.
Posted 14 years ago
noepalani says:
This is happening to me too, for a few weeks. I got the same email response used above from ANDREWSKI. I've tried IE Firefox and Safari with the same results. I'm still looking for a solution.
Posted 14 years ago
Has anyone contacted Google as I mentioned above? I'd be curious to know what they suggest.
Posted 14 years ago
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
I too have been having trouble with the RTM tools in both the web app and the Google app versions of Google Calendar (both the Sidebar Gadget and the Daily Gadget.) I am able to load the content of the gadget and have done the troubleshooting tips to which Andrewski linked.

I have posted an issue to the Google Help forum, but I haven't yet received a response. I am not sure if Google itself responds to issues on the forum.

Anyone have any other ideas?
Posted 14 years ago
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
UPDATE:

The gadgets now appear. I went into the labs area (the green beaker), disabled a lab (not an RTM gadget), saved, re-enabled and saved and now the sidebar gadget appears. (This did not work yesterday.)
Posted 14 years ago
two_az says:
I've been having the same problem for several weeks. I just went through the Google troubleshooter which did not solve the problem. I submitted a ticket to their tech support and I'll post a response if they have any good advice.
Posted 14 years ago
kevin.anderson4 says:
Having the same problem in google chrome
Posted 14 years ago
leah.shalom,
My impression was that Labs features did not affect the gadget from loading, so it's good to hear that helped for you. I'll keep that in mind.
Posted 14 years ago
unixd0od says:
I have been having this problem as well.
Posted 14 years ago
djgoldman1 says:
Same issue here. Also submitted a Google t icket and will post any response.
Posted 14 years ago
andrew.kahn says:
I have been having the same problem for the last few months, but only on certain computers and in Firefox. The gadget works fine most of the time - more of the time, at least - in Chrome.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm having the same issues. I disabled all Google Calendar Labs gadgets as well, to no avail.
Posted 14 years ago
felixchioa says:
Same problem here
Posted 14 years ago
two_az says:
I never received a reply from Google, but RTM started working again for me a couple of days ago.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hmm. Works for me fine now, too.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.