Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Non-breaking line problem in task view

ockham says:
I don't know if this is even serious enough to warrant a fix but I'll post it anyway.

At the end of each of my major task lists I list larger amorphous-type projects. To keep them clearly separated I preface each project with "zProject:" so that they will end up at the bottom and out of the way of my individual tasks.

I decided to setup a separator simply named "z=======================PROJECTS====z" which is intended to appear between tasks and projects.

While attempting to make this separator big enough to fill the entire available space by adding "=" I inadvertently made it too big and found that rather than the separator breaking to the following line it forced the expansion of the task list width. The bug part is that the floating tool/information window did not relocate thus forcing the task list to disappear under it.

I don't expect that there are too many people, if any, that this would ever effect and the fix was easy; simply re-edit the name to shorten it or put in a manual line break.
Posted at 6:25pm on April 30, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for your report -- we'll take a look into this and see if we can make sure that this doesn't happen, no matter how long the task name (it will only happen with long names that don't contain any spaces).
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.