Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Calendar released today

rakesh says:
Most of youz would know that Google Calendar was released today.

@RTM team: Is there any way of exporting RTM tasks to our google calendar??

Posted at 3:37am on April 14, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Not currently, but we'll look into it.
Posted 17 years ago
rakesh says:
The quality the product and the support has spoilt us. Google calendar has not gone public-beta for even a day and we expect RTM to work with it :)

Thanks RTM Team

Go Moo!
Posted 17 years ago
clempka says:
Actually, you can import iCalendars with Google Calendar, but for some reason they're not showing up.
Posted 17 years ago
rakesh says:
Thats probably because Google does not recognise 'tasks' - which are events without start or end time.

Via the help link in google calendar you will find a link to a very active Google Discussion forum.

Posted 17 years ago
You should now be able to subscribe to the Remember The Milk iCalendar feeds in Google Calendar.

See this blog post for more details on the address to use.

To subscribe to an iCalendar feed in Google Calendar, go to 'Settings' then 'Calendars', then under 'Other Calendars' click on 'Add Calendar'. Then, click on 'Public Calendar Address' and add the iCalendar feed address there. (Please note that Google Calendar does not support authenticated iCalendar feeds as yet, so only published lists will work with it for now.)

Hope this helps!
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Emily and Omar - you two are really amazing. Thank you so much for your responsiveness to the forums and your users. All this time I thought I was your number one customer, and now I learn Leo LaPorte is.

As he said in his segment on you guys, I sure wish you and your plans every success, because I'd be very sad to see RTM ever vanish from the web. It's such a life saver, and it's great how it grows with your users, too.
Posted 17 years ago
Ran, we're happy to have more than one #1 customer -- no need to fight Leo for it :)

Thanks for your kind words!
Posted 17 years ago
catchpalani says:
Hi,

i am having trouble in subscribing RTM iCalendar feeds to google calendar. I followed the steps as mentioned by emily. Does anybody else have problems or is it just me? Thanks.
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Catchpalani: Please see http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/803/ for more related discussion to this topic. I have the same question you do.
Posted 17 years ago
catchpalani says:
Thanks ppl. I am getting RTM feeds in google calendar. I thought i will also report this issue in the same thread. Repeating tasks in RTM are showing up as multiple same tasks on that particular day instead of one task.

Cheers to RTM Team!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.