Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

importing from iCal

brett.kaufman says:
I am sorry if I missed a clear post on this topic.

I am trying RTM to see if I can come up with a solution to syncing my to lists from my computers (synced by mobileme) to my iphone. I have subscribed to the RTM calendars in ical, but can I subscribe to ical calendars and to do list for RTM (in particular mobile)? What do I need to do to get a one-stop calendar and to do list that bridges my phone and computers?

Thanks,
-Brett
Posted at 3:44pm on July 15, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
RTM's best experience on the iPhone is through the app. The app doesn't integrate with your calendar directly (mostly because tasks are not events and not everyone wants that kind of experience; I have so many tasks on some days that they'd crowd out my actual appointments!).

There's no official service to get your iCal To Dos synchronized with RTM, but perhaps there's a third-party service that does that? (I don't know of one.)

You can view your RTM tasks viewable in iCal/Calendar by subscribing to the calendars. That's probably easiest to set up in iCal (which will then sync to the iPhone); the instructions are on our site. I do this to good effect (just with one of my Lists, so I only see important things); I see what tasks I have going on that day and can manage them from RTM.

Of course, you'll gather from my suggestions that the big difference between what you're looking for and what I'm suggesting is where the tasks ultimately "live"; you're looking to keep iCal/Mobile Me as your hub for your tasks, whereas RTM works best as the hub from which other services draw. I can't say for sure (and obviously I'm biased) but I'd wager that RTM has more services where you want them (iPhone, OS X, web) than iCal/Mobile Me would.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.