Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How can I copy and edit multiple tasks on the iPhone?

action.manager says:
Due to RTM's lack of re-usable lists, I use a variation of the "+bessler method" from https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/5183/ to handle my shopping list (David Allen is right: checklists are useful!).

This workaround allows setting up the shopping list via the regular website on a PC and checking it in the store on an iPhone.

However, if I (somewhere between filling the list and actually using it in the store) discover that I need to buy any additional existing items and have no PC available (or if I want to do the entire setup on the iPhone), I would like to copy items and preferably edit multiple items at once on the iPhone (I use the App).

Is this already possible? How?
Posted at 9:41pm on July 7, 2009
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
action.manager,

You can work wtih multiple items on the website but I don't know if you can simultaneously on the iphones.

You made a comment at the beginning about the lack of re-usable lists. If you use smart lists you can keep a base task in the smart list (like grocery list) and copy and paste the items in a note into a date specific task.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
leah.shalom is right; the only thing you can do with multiple items is complete or postpone them.

The +bessler method won't work as such on the iPhone, but something other people have described for shopping is to go to their shopping list/tag and to uncomplete the items they need. That could get tedious on the iPhone though; marking a task incomplete is a bit more taps than marking one complete (makes sense, of course).

Like leah.shalom though, I use a note in a Grocery task to manage the items I actually need; that would be easy to copy/paste, and it also allows me to list the items in aisle order.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.