Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How do I set a multi-day task?

wsheward says:
I have a number of tasks (far too many!) that take more than one day to complete.

Let's say I have a task that I estimate will take 2 days to complete, like writing a short report. If I enter as the due date, the final day of the task, then I might forget to start the task on time (hey, if I was organised I wouldn't need RTM, right?).

But if I enter as the due date, the first day of this 2 day task, it's going to slip onto my 'overdue list' causing panic and bad karma :-)

Is there any way to set a 2 day task so that it appears on my 'today' list for two consecutive days?

Ta.
Posted at 2:05pm on March 31, 2006
dodi says:
hehe.. its nearly the same like current discussed in http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/758/

My Solution would be to tag them with (e.g.) multiday and set the due day to the start due date. Then create a smart list:
dueBefore:tomorrow AND tag:multiday
This will show all multiple day tasks starting today and all currently running multiple day tasks as overdue(bold&underlined).

:)

Another Solution would be to make RTM support multipleday/neverending tasks. :P
Posted 17 years ago
wsheward says:
"Another Solution would be to make RTM support multipleday/neverending tasks."

neverending tasks. what a nightmare :-)
Posted 17 years ago
dodi says:
feel free to stop breathing :D
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.