Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

tag cloud only showing projects belonging to a certain list

marc.garcia.marti says:
Hello,

RTM is really good but has, to my opinion, a big drawback. When implementing GTD, every outcome that entails 2 or more actions must be considered as a project, right? if you follow that by the book, you might end up with a large list in the tag cloud that instead of helping may confuse you.

Has anybody dealt with this limitation with some script or something? additionally, when a project has no defined actions, it would disappear from that tag cloud...

I would so much appreciate being able to browse through all my lists and in each one only see the assigned projects...

Looking forward to hearing from your experiences or methods.

Marc
Posted at 8:54pm on June 22, 2009
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
(Duplicate post, but I suspect the discussion will take place here)

One way is to use tags for projects (some people use lists, I suppose they have a lot of lists).

As for the tag disappearing when there is no next action in a project, you could create a header task with the project name as task name and the project tag as tag. As long as you don't complete this task, the tag will always be visible in the tag cloud.

The Greasemonkey scripts RTM Enhanced and Tag Cloud Colorizer helps hiding tags and regular lists, look here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/search?q=milk. You need to use Firefox.
Posted 14 years ago
marc.garcia.marti says:
I wish RTM featured project - subproject support. I've already tried doing without lists and only managing my tasks with smartlists and loads of tags but then I star procrastinating due to the overhead of overtagging my tasks. If only I could now see the projects(tags) active and no active that belong to a certain list... Any script or add-on that allow this sort of implementation ? Thanks for the grease monkey tip, got it already!!!
Posted 14 years ago
marc.garcia.marti says:
Hello Rajjan,

I've seen that you have posted many entries on "Here Be My Cloud". My current setup looks much better now after having introduced many changes detailed there.

My environment consists of less than 10 lists and tons of subprojects. As I mentioned earier, I've alredy tried implementing gtd only with tags due to the flexibility when combining them with smart searches but I've miserably failed to keep up the gtd workflow as I wasn't able to see all my "commitment" at a glance.

These 10 lists are a sort of my "Areas of Responsability" and, as I expressed above, I would like to be able to review them one by one. That is, I would like to see the active and non active projects assigned to that paticular list when I start reviewing it. Looks like your trick can solve the active/unactive issue but I just don't feel confortable seeing all those subprojects cluttered on the tag cloud.

Don't know if I made my point with the explation. I would so much appreciate help on this...

Thanks in advance,
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.