Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tasks are duplicated when syncing blackberry to RTM

khinkson1 says:
Whenever I sync, each task on my BB storm is treated as a new task in RTM and vice versa (regardless of whether or not the same task already existed on RTM or on the BB.) Therefore, I wind up with multiple versions of each task in each location, and the number of duplicates increases each time I sync. I've tried the "Reset Sync" feature, but that does not clear the tasks from my BB (and also does nothing for the duplicate tasks that are on RTM).
Posted at 1:58pm on June 16, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
You're right about it not clearing the duplicates from RTM; it would simply clear and redownload from the website. So perhaps it is "resetting" correctly? (The Reset Sync option will clear and then download in one fell swoop, so it may be happening too quickly?)

The best way to see if it has stopped duplicating is to delete all of the duplicates for a single task on the website and synchronize; if it's working, you should only have one copy of that task on your BlackBerry at that point.

Also, if you have any insights on what caused it to start duplicating (e.g upgraded your BlackBerry software, restored a backup via Desktop Manager, etc.) that would be very helpful in determining whether there's any kind of bug in MilkSync for which we should account.

Let me know how it goes!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.