Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Specify tags, due date, etc... in the tag text

(closed account) says:
Hi,
This might be a feature request, but I wanted to ask here first to see if it's something that is already available. I know that RTM offers keyboard shortcuts for managing a task's tags, due date, etc... Is there a way to specify that information in the tag text. For example, if I wanted to create a task "Walk the dog" that is due tomorrow and tag it with "pet", I would love to be able to just create the task with text like this:

"d:tomorrow t:pet Walk the dog"

Is this available?
Posted at 5:19pm on June 9, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Unfortunately, such syntax parsing is not available on the website, however you can do almost exactly what you describe by email. Hard to justify leaving the website to open an email to do so though; I'm not sure it'd save that much time if you're already at your computer.

Typically, what I do is t [type name], d [type due date], s [type tag(s)], etc. It can be fast too, but I will admit that it's a slightly different workflow (type all at once then submit v. type, submit, repeat).
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.