Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Only seeing tasks with no due date or today

(closed account) says:
I'm only seeing tasks with no due date or with a due date of today. I'm unable to display anything else.

I am not seeing any options to show any other time periods like the next week or the next 3 days, etc.

Am I doing something wrong?
Posted at 12:53pm on June 9, 2009
(closed account) says:
I forgot to mention that this is for the gmail gadget not the FF addon
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hm, you should definitely see all due dates; the only option is whether or not you see tasks with no due dates (which you're already seeing).

What do you have set in Options | Settings? I'm curious about both settings.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
The settings within Options are as follows:

List: All Lists
Ticked: Show tasks with no due date

I've suddenly started to get tasks for today, tomorrow and next week but no further than that. I wish we could establish a value for how far in advance we want to see.

It was strange that I've been having this issue for over a month and all of a sudden it just starts to work. I did create a smart list which essentially does what All Tasks should do. Maybe that helped.
Posted 14 years ago
"I wish we could establish a value for how far in advance we want to see."

You can create a Smart List for that (e.g. dueWithin:"3 weeks of today") and then view that Smart List.

Does the gadget show any differently when you load it from iGoogle?
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I created that exact Smart List in addition to all other Smart Lists that I have. When using due Within:"3 weeks of today" I would expect to see an item this week and one next week, however in both gmail and igoogle i only get the item for this week.

I have other Smart Lists which could do anything from showing all incomplete tasks, due within 2 weeks, due within 2 months including those with no due date and those that are incomplete.

None of these show tasks beyond the current week except where I request tasks that have no due date, those are displayed.

The RTM gmail firefox extension works perfectly with all results as expected and viewed from the RTM website.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have tried in both gmail and google apps. I have also tried both the http and https gadgets. They are all showing the exact same results.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have also tried different browsers and different computers. This has also made no difference.
Posted 14 years ago
rhodgman,
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
cgoneal says:
I am experiencing the same thing myself. No matter what I try I can't get all my tasks to appear in either Gmail or iGoogle. Really need that functionality. Please help or advise on what needs to be done to get this to work correctly.
Posted 14 years ago
bendhillon says:
I don't think it''s a problem.

You just think you cannot view any tasks PAST one week.

I am a new mac user and love Safari cause it's much faster than firefox however may have to use it simply for this feature.
I would like to know what is due in the upcoming weeks in my gmail.
Posted 14 years ago
Hi everyone,
Sorry for the confusion; I misspoke earlier. Even though I initially realized you were using the Gadget, I was thinking of the functionality of the Firefox extension. :-/

Summary: you can only view upcoming tasks for the next week (and those with no due dates, if you enable the setting) in the Gadget; all tasks are visible in the Gmail extension.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.