Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Move Note To Another Task

rossgoodman says:
Is it possible to move notes between tasks?

I have two separate tasks, each with their own notes.
I would like to "merge" these two tasks into one.
Is there a way to move a note from one task to another other than copying and pasting the contents of the notes?

Thanks

Ross
Posted at 9:23am on June 9, 2009
rossgoodman says:
Another thought.

I often bcc my RTM account to create a task based upon an e-mail, this works great.

If I send a chasing e-mail, I would like the chasing e-mail to be added as a note to the existing task rather than creating another new one.
Or have something easier than copying and pasting the body of the e-mail into a new note.

Ross
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Ross,
Unfortunately there's no way currently to do what you describe. One of the difficulties with merging tasks is that a lot of the properties are mutually exclusive, so it's hard to Do The Right Thing with those (even though notes, or tags for another example, would be okay to "double up").

As for emailing notes, there's no way to append a note to an existing task via email. (Simply put, any email will always create a new task.) However, you can send one email message with multiple notes (see the Help page for the syntax) when creating the task initially.

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.