Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Any time today (not date-only) = Wed 31 Dec 69 at 19:00

mattshepherd says:
Firefox 3.0.10 on a Mac OSX (10.4.11). For a while now, if I enter "today 4 p.m." or just "4 p.m." or "5 p.m." or what have you under "date," the task immediately comes up as having been due Wed 31 Dec 69 at 19:00.
Posted at 7:51pm on June 8, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Matt,
Do your timezone settings in RTM and on your computer match? A discrepancy there can cause some odd problems with dates and reminders.
Posted 14 years ago
mattshepherd says:
Yes, they do. Further experiments finally narrowed the problem down to my instinctive need to put periods in "a.m." and "p.m.", which apparently sends the dating system into a crazed death spiral. "am" and "pm" work fine, however.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Matt,
Thanks for checking that and for providing more information. This has been added to our list to fix.

Sorry I overlooked the punctuation in your initial post; I enter my time in 24-hour mode and hadn't noticed this problem before. That date, 31 Dec 69, will be used when a problem is encountered when parsing the due date (typically, but obviously not only, when timezones are a factor). :)
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.