Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tasks on Smart List Still Remain in Inbox

jepp says:
I have some simple smart lists like "tag:Grocery". Tasks that i create and tag with Grocery show up in this smart list fine but they also show up or remain in my inbox. Is there a way to have my tasks that are contained on a smart list NOT show up in my inbox as well?
Posted at 12:32am on June 2, 2009
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Smart lists are only a saved search. Tasks have to recide in a regular list also. Maybe you can move it to another regular list? I keep almost all my tasks in the Inbox and access them through a number of smart lists.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have a smart list that's pretty dumb! It has no filter and it's called "All Tasks". I like having such a list so if I "lose" a task and can't figure out where it is, I can always find it here. And it keeps my Inbox uncluttered and a place for emailed in tasks only.

Hope this helps in your world.
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
To clear out my inbox, I keep all of my tasks in a list named | (yes just | to be as narrow as possible). Then as things get tagged and handled in the inbox, I move them over to | to get an empty inbox.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
On the other hand (not to argue with rajjan, just to point out some different ways of leveraging RTM), I keep tasks out of my Inbox (unless I create them quickly and haven't processed them yet). So whatever works for you, go for it. :)

Like rajjan, I do almost all of my day-to-day task operations/management via Smart Lists; I only use Lists to define physical contexts ("Home", "Errands", "Internet", "Phone") or to share with contacts ("Shared", "Wedding").

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.