Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Auto Complete

calcipher says:
I have tasks which repeat automatically and I have a couple questions about this situation. Important to both of these questions is knowing that I frequently have a few days at a time where I cannot access the Remember the Milk web interface and that my only access to RTM is the reminders that get sent to my cell phone.
1. It seems that if I do not go and complete a reoccurring task RTM will cease to regenerate the task until I do go and complete it. If, for example, I have a daily reoccurring task, RTM seems to regenerate it for an entire week and, then, will stop doing so until I go complete all of the generated tasks.
2. (Related to 1 actually) Is there a way to autocomplete a task? I would love to have a task complete itself when the reminder is sent out so that I do not have to log in to RTM as often.
Thanks for the help.
Posted at 6:30pm on June 1, 2009
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
There are two kind of repeats:
Every xxx - the task repeats automatically when the current instance is overdue.
After xxx - the task only repeats after you have completed the current instance.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Also, you may be able to get some mileage out of the Twitter service, since Twitter can interact with SMS. Theoretically you could:
* create a task via Twitter: d rtm Call mom at 8pm
* get the reminder via SMS (or Twitter, but I'd say SMS would be more reliable): rtm: This task is due now: 1. Call mom (8:00PM)
* and then complete the task through Twitter: d rtm !c Call mom

That last step gets unwieldy with long task names, but it'd be better than nothing. :)

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
calcipher says:
Thanks for the information. The deal is that the task is set as an every not an after. Not sure why it gets stuck after a week or so.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hm, that is odd. If you catch it up (mark any past items completed) and give it a future due date, it should "reset" the task, though I'm wondering if something else is going on.

If that doesn't help, or if you'd rather, would it be possible to submit a Tasks & Lists issue report via our support system? I'd like to ask about a few details I don't want you to share on the forums.

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further (and see if it's something persistent), and we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.