Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Copy / Paste Lists for Work

(closed account) says:
Hello:

I have this weird feeling this has already been asked and answered a hundred times, but my search of the forums reveals zero, so here we go:

Is there a way, be it a RTM way or a Grease Monkey way, to print my lists in a straight up, text only format. I use RTM for my work tasks, but whenever I go to copy my lists to include in an email to my boss man, it copies so much HTML stuff and / or stuff that II don't want (like status columns, etc.) that it takes me a long time to clean up the list to send.

Thanks!
Posted at 6:02pm on May 28, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi klosterheim,
Unfortunately there's no way to do that currently. Perhaps you could get some mileage out using iCalendar to print from an external program? (If you need ideas, check our incomplete list.)

One nice thing is that you can get an iCalendar feed for one list alone. So if you have a "Work" list you could print that by itself without the rest of your tasks.

Otherwise, into which program are you pasting? There are ways to strip out the formatting as you paste that may be helpful. Let me know and I can provide some specifics.
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
How about if you click the print link first? Does the text available there help you?
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Or try setting the email to plain text first and then paste. If that doesn't work, paste it into notepad, where it should paste as just text, then just copy and paste that into the email.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I tried pasting the info into notepad, but it seemed to copy some header and column info I didn't want. Honestly, this is easily fixed by some macros, so I am cool with that option for now. Glad to see this on the incomplete list :).

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.