Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Default Due Date

(closed account) says:
I am currently trailing the iPhone app and for the most part am very impressed.

I however have one gripe before I am willing to sign up for a pro account.

It regards getting a single view of the uncompleted tasks on both the iphone and pc.

On the PC I used both rememberthemilk.com and igoogle to submit tasks (Neither of which set a default due date to today)

On my iphone I sumbit tasks on the iPhone app. (A defualt due date of today is set)

Is there a way to either set the defualt due date on the web/igoogle or to set up the iphone so the current screen (today) shows all tasks without a date aswell?

This is really frusturating because there should be a simple solution.
Posted at 10:03pm on May 27, 2009
(closed account) says:
You can show the tasks that have no due date by using the filter Due:Never. So the filter I think you want is dueBefore:tomorrow OR due:never.

Hope this helps in your world.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
benplummer,
cdhsman already mentioned one way of getting all your tasks: to search for "due:never". You can then save that as a Smart List that will be available on the web, on the iPhone, and in iGoogle. More info here: Smart Lists and iPhone (under the section "Smart Lists").

My personal method when creating tasks is to treat the Inbox as my holding area. So I'll create a flurry of tasks (some without due dates or tags) and then go to my Inbox and "process" them, e.g. setting due dates and putting them in the appropriate list. (Obviously, my goal is never to have any "set" items in my Inbox.)

Hope this helps! Post back if you have any questions!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.