Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Create task and Google Calendar Auto-suggest events

oletros says:
-Create task
I have a weird problem with Create task: when I don't have any mail selected when I press the "More actions" button appears in the menu "Create Task" but when I select one it dissappears. It also occurs with google's "Create event".

-Google Calendar Auto-suggest events
Auto suggest contacts works but auto suggest events doesn't.

I have an event called "Visita al pediatra" on May, 27 and if I try to add a task "Call XXX 1 hr before Visita al pediatra doesn't finds it.

It finds no event
Posted at 7:08am on May 25, 2009
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi oletros,

The 'Create task' option will actually only work when an individual email is open (it's not possible to select this option in the list of messages view).

For the event issue, would it be possible to double check and make sure you're logged into Google Calendar; even if you're logged into your Google account, you may need to visit http://www.google.com/calendar to ensure that you're logged in.

If you continue to experience problems, please let me know.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
oletros says:
I have tried your suggestion and even when I have loged in GCal it doesn't appear.

I'm using Google Apps for your Domain.

Best regards
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi oletros,
I was wondering if you could check a few things in your Gmail Settings (on the Tasks tab where RTM settings are):
* What is your Calendar Events section set to?
* What is your Gmail version?

And on the General tab, what is your "Domain Mail display language" (at the top)?
Posted 14 years ago
oletros says:
Hi, I have checked "Auto-suggest my events from Google Calendar when creating tasks."

Version text says: You are currently using Gmail version "11131139".
This version is supported by Remember The Milk for Gmail.

I have mail in Spanish, but I have changed it to US English and does not change anything

Best regards,
Posted 14 years ago
Hi oletros,
Hm, could you try changing your Google Calendar language to English US also?
Lastly, which keywords are you using to trigger suggestion of calendar events? "before", "on", or "after" should work, but I'm not sure if those would work in Spanish or just in English. Could you try both?
Posted 14 years ago
oletros says:
Hi, I have tried to change both Gmail and GCalendar to US English and doesn't make difference.

I'm trigging it using english keywords, as I do with contacts. First I write "Call Jordi" and when the task linked to this contact is created I change it to Spanish or Catalan, my native languages.

But with events I can't trigger anything. I have created an event called Prova in my default Calendar (Personal) on 31/05 and if I write something like (Go swimming on Prova) it creates a task with no due date.
Posted 14 years ago
Hi oletros,
Thanks for sticking with this. I'd like to investigate this further.

Would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.